PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-06-2012, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I have no experience with Aldi but according to some German forum postings activation may take a couple of hours.
Did you really drive some 180km from Arendonk to Germany and back just for a SIM card?
I did indeed (actually Herentals/BE->Selfkant/DE->Arendonk/BE)
Call me nuts, I won't blame you.
The card became active by now.

Just trying to figure out what APN to use, I found 3 different APNs, depending on the tarif option, strange.
BTW: do you know how long a session lasts? access is billed by 10kb, but if I transfer 2kb and another 2kb 15 minutes after the first access, does this make 20kb or just 4kb ? I couldn't find this on the site.

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S

Old
  (#32)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-06-2012, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygeffens View Post
I did indeed (actually Herentals/BE->Selfkant/DE->Arendonk/BE)
Call me nuts, I won't blame you.
I'm glad I'm not the only patient suffering from this disease.

Quote:
Just trying to figure out what APN to use, I found 3 different APNs, depending on the tarif option, strange.
tagesflat.eplus.de is only used for the dayflat which is only offered while in Germany. For all other tariffs including the roaming pack use internet.eplus.de
What is the third one you found? wap.eplus.de? Forget about that one as it is designed for archaic WAP phones.

Quote:
BTW: do you know how long a session lasts? access is billed by 10kb, but if I transfer 2kb and another 2kb 15 minutes after the first access, does this make 20kb or just 4kb ? I couldn't find this on the site.
According to ALDI TALK ? Prepaid-wiki sessions are billed in 10kb increments. Unless you don't interrupt the session you would be billed for 10kb in your example.
These rounding ups should only occur if the session is being interrupted or after the billing system decides to (no experience on this issue either, but I guess at least once a day).

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 26-06-2012 at 22:58..

Old
  (#33)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-07-2012, 13:19

for some european countries ekit Global Premium Service simcard is chepaer on data roaming than roamline, they charge $0,39/mb , that is approximately 0.30eur per mb.
ekit, Mobile Info

this rate also apply to some non-european countries such as hongkong, south africa, new zealand etc