PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#181)
hawkdeira (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-08-2007, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsimon View Post
Thanks for the tip. I was actually waiting for them to resolve the problems for all affected, but finally I've sent them a quick mail last night, and now it works again.
Lucky you! (-:

I've mailed them twice with no response . . .

Old
  (#182)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-08-2007, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I was using justvoip.com and their forwarding option for only 6 cents per minute. But since 3 weeks the quality of the forward is just to bad, to much noise, you just can't use it. I have voicetrading now also at 10 cent per minute which works fine.

Does anyone else have problems with forwarding a call using justvoip to um+
The Quality is indeed terrible at the moment.
I'm using my JV credit to forward to my Belgian GSM at c€10/m. I registered with a USA address, so I don't pay the VAT
That Quality is very good.

I'm using UM+ and Geodesa mainly to receive forwarded calls from the office to my GSM, 99% of the time I'm in Belgium, so for the moment, I don't mind that I have to forward to my Belgian GSM, but I liked the c€5/m to UK-cell better

Yves

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S

Old
  (#183)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-08-2007, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygeffens View Post
The Quality is indeed terrible at the moment.
I'm using my JV credit to forward to my Belgian GSM at c€10/m. I registered with a USA address, so I don't pay the VAT
That Quality is very good.

I'm using UM+ and Geodesa mainly to receive forwarded calls from the office to my GSM, 99% of the time I'm in Belgium, so for the moment, I don't mind that I have to forward to my Belgian GSM, but I liked the c€5/m to UK-cell better

Yves
Good to hear that I am not the only one having problems using the forward. Even when I forward to a fixed line the sound is still terrible.

Yes i'm also using Voicetrading now to forward call to IOM mobile, which works great. But the justvoip rate of 6 eurocents was just a bit better. I just updated the credit on justvoip so for now it's not useable

Old
  (#184)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2007, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsimon View Post
They UM+ cards always work when newly activated, but they die one or two days later. This may be the case for your card in France.

Mine is still dead, while it was ok at the beginning. Only 089 works, nothing else.

yes, right, my 2 UM+ are dead too, after the first day, and only 089 work ... when try to make a call a flash sms says that card is not active and wait for customer service connection in a moment, but untill now, 3 days, nothing.
I've mailed them 4 times, but no answer at all!
next week i'll go to greece, hoping they will solve the problem, anyway i'll test also there the sim.

Old
  (#185)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-08-2007, 20:08

UM doesn't reply at all. During the last 10 days I've reported serveral errors to them, but they didn't react on any mail.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#186)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2007, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
UM doesn't reply at all. During the last 10 days I've reported serveral errors to them, but they didn't react on any mail.
when i bought the UM 2 years ago, they answer in 24 hours to activation problem by mail and then calls me.
tomorrow morning when i'll have 10 free minute, i'll call them for ask an explanation.

Old
  (#187)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Thumbs down Another Frustrated Customer - 09-08-2007, 20:43

Count me among the frustrated! My future use for UM (post CallBackWorld) was to be UM to UM calls and the occasional "I'm fine" call back the the states from Belgium or Netherlands (have local SIMs for other places I travel). So the cheaper rates and a UK number seemed a perfect fit. So I upgraded my +432 and ordered another UM+ a couple days later.

The upgraded number registers on AT&T and balance inquires work, but I cannot send or receive SMS's or calls. ( Calls get an American "invalid number" message even though phone is on) If I try to send an SMS I get "SIM not activated" (it was)

The 2nd SIM came this week and today I put it in phone and it can send SMS and make and receive calls, even though I wasn't able to activate it on the web (says already activated). Of course, its the first day so I expect to to stop working tomorrow

I'll called UM+ CS using Voipbuster (.10/minute) and after 4 min on hold I got "can't answer, goodbye" Send email but from reading here I don't expect a response. I was always happy with UM CS the few times I need to call them, but this is ridiculous.

I sure hope they get this fixed soon. I'm off to Europe in a couple weeks -- luckily the first week is in Germany (Bamberg) where my dad and I both have local SIMS. But after that we'll need the UM+ to stay in touch.

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...

Old
  (#188)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-08-2007, 20:58

I'm in Paris this week and can confirm that UM+ doesn't work here, though it worked perfectly in the UK at the weekend.

Thankfully my UK SP - O2 - has travel roaming enabled at 18 pence inbound, 30 pence outbound - not perfect, but workanble.

Bloody annoyed with UM over this...

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Anyone using UM+ in France? A friend of mine is staying there and can't place or receive calls in any network, she tried.

[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Old
  (#189)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Smile 09-08-2007, 21:00

I recieved my SIM today. Everything is working, except when I switch to UMTS only mode, the SIM gives a "Sim not registered" massage and I'm unable to log on any German network. It wouldn't matter, but I'd like to use the card next month in Japan, where it is UMTS only. Anybody with the same problem concerning UMTS?

Old
  (#190)
saintsimon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2007, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by razfaz View Post
I recieved my SIM today. Everything is working, except when I switch to UMTS only mode, the SIM gives a "Sim not registered" massage and I'm unable to log on any German network. It wouldn't matter, but I'd like to use the card next month in Japan, where it is UMTS only. Anybody with the same problem concerning UMTS?
Yes, this seems to be normal for UM+, but it may be network dependent.

Anyway, now I've even got a response, a day after reactivation:

"Sehr geehrter Herr xxxxxxxxxx,

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Ein Teil der neuen Karten hatte ein Softwareproblem. Dies wirkte sich dahingehend aus, dass keine Anrufe getätigt werden konnten, eingehende Anrufe waren nicht möglich, und es kam fälschlicherweise die Ansage, dass das Guthaben auf 0 ist („insufficient balance“). Dieses Problem wurde inzwischen behoben. Ihre SIM Karte ist aktiviert.

Für weitere Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marion Girin
Customer Service United Mobile

United Mobile ist nun jederzeit für Sie erreichbar: Ab sofort steht Ihnen der Customer Service an 365 Tagen rund um die Uhr zur Verfügung.

United Mobile Liechtenstein AG
Schaffhauserstrasse 121
CH-8302 Kloten, Zurich Airport
Phone +44 7937 099 911
Phone +423 663 099 911
www.united-mobile.com
"

They say the problem has been solved now. Check your UM+ SIMs to verify that statement.
(sorry no time for a translation at the moment, I'll have to leave the desk)