PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
eckyhade (Offline)

Default Bluefire Wireless = Bluefire Worthless - 16-10-2008, 23:43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thing doesn't work in most countries. If you ask them for help they tell you it works in every country except the one you're in. They tell you that it doesn't work in your kind of phone. I tried it in different types of phones and it still didn't work. It didn't work in NYC, Jackson, Wyoming, Seoul South Korea, Singapore, Denpassar or Balikpapan, Indonesia, Tokyo, Narita Japan. When you ask for a refund all you get is an endless offer for more help. Their idea of help is, "of course it doesn't work in those countries." If you want to waste money give it to the US government not Bluefire Wireless. Best to take the US$70 bucks or so and give it to a charity. You're much better off to buy a SIM card in the country you're visiting. You can usually get one and register it at the Post Office in the airport of the country which you traveled. Then buy a local "cheap rate" card. These Bluefire people and a guy named RogerF are worthless for help.

Old
  (#2)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default Bluefire / wire9 / Awayphone - 25-10-2008, 19:32

The reason that your bluefire wireless sim card did not work, and this also affects go-globalsim and awayphone. basically any sim card with a +4478722 number.

The system used to interrogate the ring-back is called "ussd" Unstructured Supplementary Service Data.
This is used by all the travel sim card networks to make outbound calls.

Wire9. who are the network operator for bluefire wireless only use "ussd". They don't use sms/text message call-back on there network.

They also have sms/text message problems in the UK. None of the major UK networks except there text messages. So if your a UK user. NO SMS SERVICE!

When your travelling in France, USA, south Africa, and most of Asia, south America ect, ect. you will not be able to make any outbound calls as the operators in these countries don't use "ussd".

The main operators like ourselves, Easyroam, Travelsim, United mobile. All have a fall-back system. we use sms/text message. When you dial your number and make the call. Your phone will send a message via "ussd"
If there is no response back. your phone will then send a sms/text message with the number you dialled.

You will notice in some countries like France that the call-back takes longer. This is because a sms/text message was sent and this takes longer to be sent and be received by the home network.

If your main problem was not able to receive inbound calls. This means that wire9 (bluefire wireless) don't have a roaming agreement in those countries.

Old
  (#3)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-10-2008, 17:48

I may be wrong, but I also think some phones do not handle USSD properly either. Also, I think things with the USSD system have changed in the last year.

I have an EKIT Passport SIM. In October 2007 all over Europe my Samsung Z-500 and the Passport worked well. I always get a ring back and did not have to enter any special "string" codes.

Then last April I took the Z500 and a new Motorola Z6C world phone to Europe. I never got a ring back on the Z6C. So I had to use the sms/text method to get a ring back and make calls. Suddenly the Z500 did not ring back normally as it did last year. But it worked if I entered a string code (*102*) before the outgoing phone number.

Old
  (#4)
shahirselim (Offline)

Thumbs down beaware - 18-05-2010, 23:59

I bought bluefire sim card couple of years ago. When I tried to buy more credit, I was unsccessful doing so. I called the Company, and they gave me so many different excuses. Basically they said that they are not the same comany; go figure. Bottom line, this comany are nothing but thievies. I do not recommend them.

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-05-2010, 00:10

These prepaid companies go through a lot of changes. A lot can take place within two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahirselim View Post
I bought bluefire sim card couple of years ago. When I tried to buy more credit, I was unsccessful doing so. I called the Company, and they gave me so many different excuses. Basically they said that they are not the same comany; go figure. Bottom line, this comany are nothing but thievies. I do not recommend them.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#6)
Paul (Offline)

Default BlueFire Wireless - a SCAM? - 25-10-2010, 18:25

I bought this phone during a flight (and on an American carrier) a couple of years back and have not been able to activate it. I contacted the company without much success.... they don't even have a phone number that one can contact them at.... Personally I think this is all a scam. I would rather buy a Sim card wherever I travel to, instead of wasting money buying this on a plane. I think that the airlines should NOT promote these products. It was US$70 just Wasted!
Dr. Singh