Old
  (#141)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-07-2010, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgingras View Post
The page is still online, but it's in the "not activable options" section, as you can see here:
Tutte le offerte - Tariffe e Opzioni - TIM
Look for:
Non trovi l'offerta che stai cercando? Cercala fra quelle non più attivabili. and follow the menu.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#142)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-07-2010, 09:09

Virtual Operators in Italy don't have very interesting offers. Some of them are internet based, some you can find at discount stores, but overall there's not a real bargain in using them. Quality of service is the same as with the Network Operators.
I think Wind and 3 are still the cheapest solutions. I always suggest Wind since it has quite a good coverage, cheap rates and usually a good service.

The page is updated, but consider that in Summer there are many offers too, so you can get discounts.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#143)
vegemite (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-07-2010, 04:53

So if I find 'negazio wind' that will point me to the nearest Wind store? Or can I buy anywhere? And will the store generally speak English and be able to tell me how to activate the Wind data offer or should I bring someone who can speak Italian?

HTC Desire (unlocked UK version) / Nokia E71 (Wife's phone) / 3 Australia Post Paid SIM (both)

Looking for data / voice SIMS for Europe in August 2010 - UK, France, Italy, Austria, Croatia and Bosnia

Old
  (#144)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-07-2010, 13:26

Vegemite I think I already wrote it about 1000 times how to activate the data options, why don't you simply read it?
No, most probably no one in the shop will speak English, but they'll probably do their best to sell you the simcard, so don't worry too much... and yes, negozio means shop, that's where you have to go.

Old
  (#145)
aradjan (Offline)

Default Calls to Armenia - 18-07-2010, 10:11

Dears,
A need your help and advise. From 23 of July I am going to visit the Italy and travel several cities (Rome, Naples, San Marin, Venice, Piza, Venice). I need prepaid cards for calls only to Armenia with chipest rates for outgoing calls and free for incoming.
What operator and package would you advice me.
Thanks

Old
  (#146)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-07-2010, 11:24

Barev!
The cheapest solution to call Armenia is using a Lycamobile prepaid card.
PrePaidGSM: Lycamobile (Italy)
Calling Armenia costs € 0.18/min to landline and € 0.29/min to mobiles, plus a € 0.15 setup fee.

You can find them at Tabacchi shop with this logo:

Old
  (#147)
aviators99 (Offline)

Default 14-08-2010, 02:43

Hello,

Excellent forum!

I understand that it is much better to buy the SIM in Italy. However, I am trying to prepare an unlocked phone for my parents. I do not want them to have to deal with anything at all.

Can I:

1) Buy a Wind SIM somewhere and pick it up and have it shipped to the US?
2) Can I activate it in advance of their trip?
3) What will the actual difference in cost be? Is it per minute, or just initial cost/postage?

Thanks in advance

Old
  (#148)
bauruine (Offline)

Default 18-08-2010, 11:16

Hi Effendi,
hi all others,

I'm new to this forum and I've read this thread and a lot of others.

In the spring this year I bought a TIM SIM because I was for two weeks at lake Garda and wanted to use it for internet. I used the 100h internet/month rate.
Soon (Sept. 4th) I will be in Italy again for two weeks and want to use the SIM again from the very beginning.

I tried recharging it online by my German credit card and my German Paypal account even I have read, that it will not work. Because a lot of information about that way is old in the web. None of both kinds worked as I have expected.

The problem is that I want to recharge the SIMand activate internet access early enough, because there is only a small amount of time leaving the airport (Catania) and enter a sailing boat. On the boat I want to use the SIM from ther very beginning.

Is there a way to recharge the SIM with 20 Euro an activate an internet access service from Germany?

Thank you for any help
from Germany
Rolf

Old
  (#149)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Filling a TIM card - 20-08-2010, 16:30

I have the same problem with my wife's Tim card. I have a Wind card and can fill it online from Canada with a Canadian credit card. I am buying my wife a Wind card to replace her Tim!

Old
  (#150)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-08-2010, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
Hello,

Excellent forum!

I understand that it is much better to buy the SIM in Italy. However, I am trying to prepare an unlocked phone for my parents. I do not want them to have to deal with anything at all.

Can I:

1) Buy a Wind SIM somewhere and pick it up and have it shipped to the US?
2) Can I activate it in advance of their trip?
3) What will the actual difference in cost be? Is it per minute, or just initial cost/postage?

Thanks in advance
Telestial or Cellular Abroad will sell you a sim card and mail it to you. More expensive than doing it in Italy.

Tags
3 ita, tim, vodafone it, wind it