PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
Eric1234 (Offline)

Default 3 countries Data Only - 07-06-2012, 09:38

Hello! Very glad I came across this forum. I will be traveling to London, Amsterdam, and Paris in a month and would like to have data for traveling apps and such.
I've never used a SIM before and want to be sure I know what I'm doing before I go. I'll be using my old Sprint Touch Pro 2 as a MiFi, but it won't let me into the settings until I have a SIM in there.

It seems the cheapest way to go is a SIM for each country.

For London I was thinking 3 Three 1GB on Amazon. Great price. I wish they were all this easy. I hope it comes with directions to activate. Do I have to wait until I'm in the country to do this?

Haven't found anything for Amsterdam.

For Paris, thought I'd go with 2004ibiza's Orange with 15 euros credit. I figured this way I could start Internet Max while on the train once I'm inside the border and maybe it will be ready by the time I reach Paris. Hopefully traveling 300km/h doesn't affect it. I've read that you dial #123#. Is this the same for all?

I've been researching this for a couple days and still don't feel confident that I will get this to work. Perhaps getting a cheap US SIM to make sure I can get it to work. Appreciate any help. I am completely new to this.