PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#61)
Lucy (Offline)
Official Member

Default where to top up internet sticks and mobile phones. - 05-09-2009, 04:16

Re: Top ups can be bought online and paid with credit card for both, Tchibo and Fonic, at Aufladen.de - So macht man das!.

Tchibo and Fonic are not on that site.

My boyfriend had a hard time finding a shop with a Fonic minutes card. He finally found and bought one for 20 Euros and discovered that it had granted him only 10 Euros of minutes.

Old
  (#62)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-09-2009, 08:32

Tchibo and Fonic can both be topped up with regular O2 vouchers, which you get everywhere.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#63)
Lucy (Offline)
Official Member

Default Topping up - 05-09-2009, 13:02

Thanks. Neither Tchibo nor Fonic provide that information.

Old
  (#64)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-09-2009, 13:35

That's because they lose the premium from the sale of their own vouchers, when people use the ones from O2.
For additional information see:
Germany - Tchibo - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access
Germany - Fonic - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#65)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-09-2009, 18:49

WARNING!!! Fonic can not be topped up with O2 Loop vouchers anymore! Fonic SIMs must be topped up with official Fonic top ups.

Old
  (#66)
jamersdc (Offline)

Default Bought internet stick at Tchibo, and can't activate/register? - 03-12-2009, 19:47

Hello,

I bought a prepaid internet stick at $20 voucher at Tchibo, but when I plug it in the SIM can't activate on the network. I went to https://www.tchibo-mobil.de/registration to try and register online, but I'm just a frequent visitor and don't have a german bank account to use. How can I get this running?! They didn't ask me to fill out any forms at the store.

Help appreciated!

Thanks,

- James

Old
  (#67)
SporkLover (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-12-2009, 20:40

Is there anywhere online that I can purchase Fonic Pre-Paid vouchers? Silly as it may seem, I am having difficulty finding them at the local stores. When I ask for Fonic TOp up, I am usually handed a starter kit. To be fair there is a slight language barrier, which is my fault since I was totally unprepared for this trip from that aspect....

Old
  (#68)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-12-2009, 01:47

Fonic top up vouchers are sold at the following stores, however not online:
real (supermarket)
dm (drugstore)
Müller (drugstore)
Jet (gasstation)
The Phone House (telecommunications)
expert (electronics)
MediaMarkt (electronics)
Saturn (electronics)
ProMarkt (electronics)
KOMET (electronics)
Staples (office supplies)

Shop locations can be found at http://www.fonic.de/html/filialfinder.html

In German top up vouchers are simply refered to as "Guthaben", which means "credit". So just ask for "Guthaben für Fonic".

The only way of topping up online (through Fonic's website) requires a German bank account.

Last edited by inquisitor; 09-12-2009 at 02:01..

Old
  (#69)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-12-2009, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamersdc View Post
Hello,

I bought a prepaid internet stick at $20 voucher at Tchibo, but when I plug it in the SIM can't activate on the network. I went to https://www.tchibo-mobil.de/registration to try and register online, but I'm just a frequent visitor and don't have a german bank account to use. How can I get this running?! They didn't ask me to fill out any forms at the store.

Help appreciated!

Thanks,

- James
Hi,
I've checked the original form which you usually have to fill in in a Tchibo-shop when buying your SIM: http://images.tchibo.de/eCS/Store/de...ular122006.pdf

They do not ask for a bank account there and you will not need one if you chose the prepaid option. I have it prepaid and was never asked for a bank account number.
BUT: It is possible to chose a postpaid "comfort" option with a little more support like my Tchibo or what else. Then you'll need your bank.

Old
  (#70)
SporkLover (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-12-2009, 22:26

Inquisitor, thank you! Your tips helped me get exactly what I needed!