PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-02-2013, 12:45

According to Telecompaper they also received a cash injection of £ 5m from another undisclosed investor to "expand to Spain, Germany, Poland, Hong Kong and the Netherlands in 2013". They have actually started hiring for their expansion already: http://www.truphonecareers.co.uk/
As mentioned already in November Tru has secured a whole access code for Germany, leased from Vodafone: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/inte...529-range.html

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#42)
Marschel (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-07-2013, 07:39

They have still the rates from 2012 within the European Union. I complained the issue by mail and get very very fast response within a few hours. They responsed that their marketing has to check this? WTF? What on earth do they smoke? I don't think to go further on this reply so I send the details to the European Commission.

Home: Telekom Deutschland (Business & Consumer contract)

Abroad: AT: 3Reload iPad, Iniative 100%, Nimm3 Internet Klassik, Orange Wertkarte,
Wowww!, yesss! classic, yesss! complete; CH: Sunrise, Swisscom Natel easy; ES: Movistar, Orange;
GR: Cosmote, WIND; LU: Orange; NL: AH MOBIEL, T-Mobile; SE: Telenor, Telia;
UK: 3Play, Lycamobile, Truphone, Virgin Mobile

Devices: Apple iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 5s; Huawei B593u-12, E5372Ts-32; Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE

Old
  (#43)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-07-2013, 09:19

No, they already updated their tariffs. They have only to update their website.

New tariff for calls: 0,25€
SMS: 0,07€
Receiving: not tested
Data: not tested

Old
  (#44)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-07-2013, 12:31

Truphone is dead in the water, given the pricing and rate of innovation from companies like Piranha and the falling cost of roaming within the EU if you have an EU national sim. Tru never delivered on its promise to expand their country network.
And they still discriminate against non-EU residents in pricing, e.g. $2.17/MB data in EU countries.
Not sure what I'll do with my $70 in credit on 2 Tru sim cards and VOIP account (which doesn't integrate....)

Old
  (#45)
Marschel (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-07-2013, 15:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
No, they already updated their tariffs. They have only to update their website.
They aren't the fastest people and this must happen in the last few hours.

Abroad: AT: 3Reload iPad, Iniative 100%, Nimm3 Internet Klassik, Orange Wertkarte,
Wowww!, yesss! classic, yesss! complete; CH: Sunrise, Swisscom Natel easy; ES: Movistar, Orange;

Devices: Apple iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 5s; Huawei B593u-12, E5372Ts-32; Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE

Old
  (#46)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-07-2013, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marschel View Post
They aren't the fastest people and this must happen in the last few hours.
They have to update their website since the 1st July...

Old
  (#47)
Marschel (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-07-2013, 16:19

Have to but didn't update it since a view days ago.

Old
  (#48)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 29-07-2013, 21:09

I have to agree. And their rates outside the EU and and may be their "home" countries are ridiculous! I am actually surprised they and maxroam are still around, especially with the dwindling EU customer base.

I just realized I have about $21 on my tru sim. I have relatives visiting me from the UK at the end of the year. So, they can can make use of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtheprof View Post
Truphone is dead in the water, given the pricing and rate of innovation from companies like Piranha and the falling cost of roaming within the EU if you have an EU national sim.
Not sure what I'll do with my $70 in credit on 2 Tru sim cards and VOIP account (which doesn't integrate....)

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#49)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 31-07-2013, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I have to agree. And their rates outside the EU and and may be their "home" countries are ridiculous! I am actually surprised they and maxroam are still around, especially with the dwindling EU customer base.

I just realized I have about $21 on my tru sim. I have relatives visiting me from the UK at the end of the year. So, they can can make use of it.
Their refusal to give me EU roaming rates is what has made me decide to ditch them. Apparently I am not being treated like a UK native which is the point of all there approach.

I have relatives in the UK and my best friend lives in Oz, I would like for them to work. I should be an easy client and I will spend money for convenience. I am not out to pinch every penny, but I am not a sucker either.

Old
  (#50)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-08-2013, 02:57

While we are on the subject, look at what Vodafone AU has just done:

Vodafone launches $5 global roaming flat rate - News - iTnews Mobile Edition

That will have to hurt Truphone.