PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
canadian4evr (Offline)

Default tim prepaid sim going to 0 credits - 23-06-2011, 20:10

Hey guys,

I'm currently travelling in italy with 2 blackberries using tim sim cards.

I activated them on the internstional calling plan. I was told that I also get 1gb of data per phone.

Here is where my problem started, I was trying to update bbm and it wasn't working so I thought maybe I needed to enter the apn settings for tim since this is an unlocked canadian blackberry 9700. I entered ibox.tim.it as the apn. The download started working but then it failed and I found out that about 11 euro worth of credit had just disappeared.

I recharged the sim and thought nothing of it. I called tim today because this exact problem happened to my other phone, that could not have used up over 250 gb of data since it only runs on edge. They told me that I had consumed my data limit and gone over.

I knew that there was at least 230mb left for the week on both phones before this happened.

Any ideas what I can do? I was using the apn settings from tims own website, so I don't see what I did wrong, but they won't credit me anything.

I lost 30 euro on the second phone and don't want to recharge it only for this to happen again.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-06-2011, 14:53

Are you sure they activated the TIMxSMARTPHONE option? It's not included in any other option, you have to activate it manually writing "TIMSMARTBB ON" to 40916. The APN for blackberry is not ibox.tim.it, but blackbery.net.

To check your bundle (if the option is active) write "SALDO TIMSMARTBB" to 40916.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
canadian4evr (Offline)

Default 26-06-2011, 13:53

They activated the smartphone plan that was free as we were new subscribers

Old
  (#4)
canadian4evr (Offline)

Default 26-06-2011, 13:55

I think the problem lies with me changing the apn to one designed for non blackberries.... They dont seem to understand though and keep telling me I used all the data in one day, which is impossible since my blackberry uses edge

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-06-2011, 14:22

What does "SALDO TIMSMARTBB" to 40916 say?
Ayway you have to use the blackberry APN, that's sure. You probably consumed your euros becuase of the web APN.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#6)
canadian4evr (Offline)

Default 26-06-2011, 22:37

it says: "non sono presenti bonus per l'offerta richiesta

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-06-2011, 19:57

So it's like I expected... they didn't activate you the TIMxSMARTPHONE for Blackberry option... maybe they activated you the normal TIMxSMARTPHONE (not Blackberry) or maybe they just stole your money...

Try to send an SMS to 40916 writing "INFO TIMSMART" or "INFO TIMSMARTBB"

If you have no offer active, send an SMS to the same number writing "TIMSMARTBB ON" and it will activate the correct option for you, using the blackberry apn.