PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
rockjock (Offline)
Official Member

Default 20-03-2010, 00:21

Evan I am not able to get the sim to work at all. WIND will roam on Rogers ( Canada ) but the sim simply does not find the any network. I emailed them and they asked for the me for my prepaid phone number but I do not know it. It is not on the paperwork I have I have sent them the number on the sim along with the pin to prove it is mine. We will see what happens next my friend out out crusin the islands so I have to wait for her to get back. Such is life. And now my boss wants to borrow it as she is going on holiday to Hellas.

Old
  (#12)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-03-2010, 07:45

It won't work on Rogers or any other network since it is not activated yet, I think we cleared that up. Regarding the phone number of the SIM, in my case it is printed on the envelope that the SIM came with, you can look for a number that starts with 693xxxxx.

Old
  (#13)
rockjock (Offline)
Official Member

Default 22-03-2010, 19:24

Evan I do have a number on the back of the envlope.. could that be in? just under a bar code. 690 xxxxx could that be it?

Old
  (#14)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-03-2010, 10:08

Definitely. My number starts with 693 but according to Wikipedia, numbers with 690 prefixes also belong to Wind Greece.

Telephone numbers in Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old
  (#15)
rockjock (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-03-2010, 12:38

Evan and all no joy on this end! I was sent an email telling me the offer for 2010 was not applicable to me because I am not in Greece. I am trying to keep my cool here lol I explained to then I will be in Greece in June and would like it activated so that I am able to use it. I am positive I am getting the one CSR who does not understand English! I have contacted my friend in Greece and she is on a yacht somewhere and said she will take care of it.. how do you blokes in Germany get this to work? Wind in Canada has become a bit of a joke with the network issues and the calls dropping. I am almost afraid to say I see where they get it from! such is life I guess!

thank you all for your help the saga continues

" Dear Sir,

We would like to inform you that you cannot activate the offer since you are living abroad.

Best Regards,

Written Communication Department
e-mail: crm@wind.com.gr "

they have yet to activate the sim either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Definitely. My number starts with 693 but according to Wikipedia, numbers with 690 prefixes also belong to Wind Greece.

Telephone numbers in Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old
  (#16)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-03-2010, 14:18

As I said, I activated it by sending a blank SMS to 1245 while in Germany, and the activation was successful. You can read all the info on the relevant thread.

Also please notice, that they amended the offer to 100MB free per month. More info again on the relevant thread.

Since you didn't have the chance to register to the offer and get the 1.5GB/month, I would suggest when you visit Greece to also consider the new offer from Q-mobile, which gives 100MB for 1€ (and you can activate it 4 times every month, i.e., you can get up to 400MB for 4€).