PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#81)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-11-2012, 10:54

There were a couple of international sellers of Fonic SIM cards who ship worldwide but please notice that, as described here, after registration Fonic will send out a confirmation letter to the provided registration address and if this letter cannot be delivered your SIM will be blocked. So in addition to buying the SIM card you also need to make sure the confirmation letter will be delivered to some German address, be it a hotel or a German resident who would temporarily put your name on his mailbox.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#82)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-11-2012, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
There were a couple of international sellers of Fonic SIM cards who ship worldwide but please notice that, as described here, after registration Fonic will send out a confirmation letter to the provided registration address and if this letter cannot be delivered your SIM will be blocked. So in addition to buying the SIM card you also need to make sure the confirmation letter will be delivered to some German address, be it a hotel or a German resident who would temporarily put your name on his mailbox.
Thanks for your information. Maybe purchasing the Fonic Sim at Germany is a better option. I have searched some markets in Munich, like dm, Lidl, MediaMarkt... The locations of dm seems easiler to be found. Will there any other shop or markets near the Munich Hbf? Thanks a lot

Old
  (#83)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-11-2012, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdo View Post
Thanks for your information. Maybe purchasing the Fonic Sim at Germany is a better option. I have searched some markets in Munich, like dm, Lidl, MediaMarkt... The locations of dm seems easiler to be found. Will there any other shop or markets near the Munich Hbf? Thanks a lot
There is a Saturn store 10 minutes walk from Munich Hbf, at Neuhauser Straße 39.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#84)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-11-2012, 15:25

From Munich main station the best option would be to go to a Lidl supermarket and to buy a Lidl mobile SIM, which actually is a second brand of Fonic and most importantly is a bit cheaper than Fonic.
For more information on Lidl mobile read LIDL mobile - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

There are two Lidl supermarkets close to Munich main station:
Both are opened daily except for Sunday until 20h.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 26-11-2012 at 15:47..

Old
  (#85)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-11-2012, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
There is a Saturn store 10 minutes walk from Munich Hbf, at Neuhauser Straße 39.
Thanks again.

Those links are very informative and give me a great help. Many thanks.

Old
  (#86)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Fonic cards for sale over in sales... - 09-03-2013, 17:58

If anyone is interested - excuse the intrusion...

[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Old
  (#87)
RobertH (Offline)

Default Fonic Update? - 07-04-2013, 21:03

Does anyone know if Fonic still (as of April, 2013) sends a letter to your Germany address to verify residency? Can I have the letter sent to a hotel I am staying in?

Thanks!

Old
  (#88)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-04-2013, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertH View Post
Does anyone know if Fonic still (as of April, 2013) sends a letter to your Germany address to verify residency?
Yes, they do.
Quote:
Can I have the letter sent to a hotel I am staying in?
Yes, though you cannot add your hotel's name to your shipping address. But postmen should usually assume that you are a guest if he can't find your name under the given address and thus drop it at the reception.

Old
  (#89)
ramrodrigues (Offline)

Default 18-04-2013, 15:16

So after searching a little on the forum I decided to get a Fonic sim card to use in Germany for a couple of months.

After one week they locked my sim even though the address of the hotel was correct on their site.

I found their official facebook channel and it appeared a good option to use since there's a lot of non german persons complaining there. But even after confirming the correct address they still did not unlock my sim.

Do you guys have any sugestion on how to proceed? Have anyone gone through this?

Old
  (#90)
RobertH (Offline)

Default 20-04-2013, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrodrigues View Post
So after searching a little on the forum I decided to get a Fonic sim card to use in Germany for a couple of months.

After one week they locked my sim even though the address of the hotel was correct on their site.

I found their official facebook channel and it appeared a good option to use since there's a lot of non german persons complaining there. But even after confirming the correct address they still did not unlock my sim.

Do you guys have any sugestion on how to proceed? Have anyone gone through this?
I understand some Fonic users have emailed Fonic and given them a different German address. Fonic sent out the confirming letter again, it didn't get returned to them, and their SIM got unlocked.

I am curious - did the address you gave Fonic include the hotel name? Apparently it should NOT. So, for example, if you are staying at the Hilton in Ramstein and the hotel address is Hilton Ramstein, 24 Main Street, Ramstein Germany 45555, you would give Fonic the address as Your Name, 24 Main Street, Ramstein Germany 45555. You would also need to tell the front desk what you are doing and hope the postman will deliver the mail to you at the hotel.

Tags
fonic, germany