PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
sakr (Offline)
Official Member

Default 02-08-2006, 23:59

Hello all!

That's my first message on this forum. I'm surprised that there are so many people interested in pre-paids in foreign countries. I thought I was almost the only one . To shortly introduce myself: my name is Lukasz, I'm from Poland and I'm interested in cellular technology (base stations, mobile internet, roaming, pre-paids and all that stuff). This year I've finished my studies at technical university.
I want you to know that there's a good method of making cheap international calls (a few times cheaper than normal rates) via VOIP provider "Tanifon". The rates ares shown here: www.tanifon.pl. The last column called "CENNIK BRUTTO" is the rate for 1 minute for a call to certain country and to certain network in polish zloty (1 zloty is about 0,25 Euro). Calls are billed for every 1 second at 1/60 of a minute rate. The greatest advantage of that system is that they have a dial-up number which can be reached by mobile phone. I'm not sure if there're any other VOIP operators providing that feature. To start using Tanifon Mobile service you have to create an account on their web site www.tanifon.pl. There's only polish version, but I would gladly help with that. The next step is to recharge the created account. The best way to do that is to do a bank transfer from some polish bank account. Admittedly there's a credit card option, but I haven't ever tried it. By paying into the tanifon account I might be also helpful (anyone who would be interested should contact me and to agree the details). Then you have to declare the mobile phone number you are going to use when using Tanifon services. Your phone number you declared will be recognized while calling Tanifon dial-up number. The rest is very easy: from some polish pre-paid you call local polish number +48224700101 and you are charged for a national call (depending on offer - from approximately 0,07E - to 0,20E for a minute) and from the tanifon account you are charged as shown under the link given above (for example USA 0,02E, Italy 0,15E).
I'm not linked in any way with company I mentioned above. I'm not having any business in advertising them. I'm using their services for almost 6 months and generaly speaking I'm satisfied and I've saved a lot on calls to the USA and Latvia, where I have friends. The reason I write about them is to enable you to call cheaper and save a lot while visiting my country. The price comparision is simple: for an average 1 minute international call from an average polish pre-paid you would normally pay up to 1E. While using Tanifon service it might cost even less than 0,1E.
Fell free to ask for some more details.
Greetings!