PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
siskiou (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-10-2011, 18:13

I've purchased 2 Lidl cards, and activated them, using your (inquisitor's) number as referral for one of them. Now I wonder if you and I will get the 5 Euro each, or not, since there was a mention about a cutoff per month.
I guess, time will tell. I hope it works.

And I've got a question: are there any kind of settings (APN, WAP) I will have to enter to make the data part work on my smartphone, once I'm in Germany?
It's a Droid Incredible 2 (equivalent to the Incredible S, I think), with global capabilities.

Old
  (#32)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-10-2011, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiou View Post
I've purchased 2 Lidl cards, and activated them, using your (inquisitor's) number as referral for one of them. Now I wonder if you and I will get the 5 Euro each, or not, since there was a mention about a cutoff per month.
I guess, time will tell. I hope it works.
So far everybody has received the bonus despite there were more than five activations refering to my Lidl number last month. Be aware that it takes up to three weeks the bonus to be accredited.

Quote:
And I've got a question: are there any kind of settings (APN, WAP) I will have to enter to make the data part work on my smartphone, once I'm in Germany?
It's a Droid Incredible 2 (equivalent to the Incredible S, I think), with global capabilities.
Since O2 Germany (the network Lidl is based on) accept just any random APN, you don't need to make any special settings. You just need to make sure there's a profile set under Settings | Wireless & Networks | Mobile Networks | Access Point Names and it is actually activated (tip the a so-called radio button next to the corresponding profile). If there's no profile yet, hit the menu key and add a new APN, where you only need to enter something (e.g. "MickeyMouse") under "APN" (all other fields can be left blank) and afterwards press again the menu key and save the new profile.
And make sure your Droid Incredible is actually unlocked! At least from the Droid 2 Global I know that it is sold locked and you have to request an unlock code with Verizon's customer care. If locked your phone will ask you for the unlock code as soon as you insert a third-party SIM card.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#33)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-10-2011, 20:09

Is it just me or did Lidl just give everyone 5 euro extra last month?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#34)
siskiou (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-10-2011, 20:34

Thanks for the help!
The phone is unlocked, so should work fine over there.
But when I look in the settings, there are no options to set up an APN anywhere that I can find. No Access Point names or anything *about* access points under mobile networks.

It's currently set for "Global mode".

Edited to add: Found it! I have to switch to GSM/UMTS mode, and then I see the APNs.

Old
  (#35)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-10-2011, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
Is it just me or did Lidl just give everyone 5 euro extra last month?
€ 5 for what? I didn't receive anything apart from the bonuses from the referal program.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#36)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-10-2011, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
€ 5 for what?
That was my question. Both my cards suddenly gained € 5 credit that I couldn't explain (I didn't refer anyone). I'm certainly not complaining.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#37)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-10-2011, 11:04

What does your statement say? Do those € 5 show up in it at all?

Old
  (#38)
siskiou (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-11-2011, 21:11

I just checked the amount on my two Lidl cards, and each one has only received one bonus, so either yours didn't work, or using my number for my daughter's didn't.
Darn, I was hoping not to have to load one up with more money.
I hope this is okay, but if anyone who is setting up a new Lidl/Fonic Sim would like to help me out with a Friendship bonus:
my number is 0176 39526057.

Last edited by andy; 06-11-2011 at 20:27..

Old
  (#39)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-11-2011, 23:26

If you have omitted the leading zero of the prefix during activation as you've done above, then this is the reason why the referral bonus did not work.

Old
  (#40)
siskiou (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-11-2011, 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
If you have omitted the leading zero of the prefix during activation as you've done above, then this is the reason why the referral bonus did not work.
It's possible, though one did work. IIRC, I copied and pasted the number from your page, so maybe it was my own that didn't work.
I guess there is no way to correct this in retrospect? And I can't edit my earlier post to add the missing zero, either.