PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-04-2008, 09:15

I have some US customers call me on my um+ number and so far have not heared any complaints about calls not comming thru.

As for voip. All betamax clones including voicetrading work fine with um+

Old
  (#12)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Thanks for your help - it still doesn't work with MTS... - 01-05-2008, 19:00

Thanks for everyone's replies. I am stuck with MTS for LD right now for a variety of reasons (one of which is they only charge $0.03 CAD per minute for calls to landline and mobiles in Germany, UK, etc. and I am spending a few weeks in Germany.)

Calls still don't work to UM+ numbers with MTS Allstream. It has been more than two weeks, and they keep trying to blame the problems on United Mobile. I've explained to them that the calls complete with other carriers, including Primus, ATT, etc. However, they claimed today to have tried with over 50 different carriers and none of them would complete.

They also claimed to have corrected the problem on Monday and confirmed with me by phone that the problem was solved - I was in Prague at the time they claimed to have spoken with me, so I'm not sure that I believe they tried completing the call with 50 different carriers either!

Fow now dialnow.com seems to be working, but I would love to get the 0.03 rate from MTS instead.

Any suggestions for other low-cost VOIP providers or calling cards for calls to UK mobile numbers?

Old
  (#13)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-05-2008, 21:22

Not sure what you mean by "low cost". it will always cost significantly more to call mobiles in any cointry that has free calls to mobiles. It's free incoming alright, however someone pays for the call, the caller. It's called CPP (calling party pays).

For UK landlines and mobiles, voicestick is not bad as a VOIP provider. They, like some other voip providers, do charge a premium to call +447937, +447624, numbers though. I have also used the following cards from Union telecard" Purple and Mega Clean. http://www.uniontelecard.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post

Any suggestions for other low-cost VOIP providers or calling cards for calls to UK mobile numbers?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#14)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-05-2008, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
For non-technical callers StanaCard (www.stanacard.com) is always a good option. Calls to UM+ cost US$0.27.

New customers can take advantage of their referral scheme that doubles the initial top-up, thus reducing the per minute cost to under $0.14.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#15)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-05-2008, 19:57

I can see using VoiceStick - I used them myself in the past. How would using a calling card be useful to call premium numbers. Unlike VS, how would you get all potential callers to jump thru hoops to call you via card?
Voice Stick now charges a monthly fee.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#16)
emoci (Offline)

Default 04-05-2008, 05:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
I can see using VoiceStick - I used them myself in the past. How would using a calling card be useful to call premium numbers. Unlike VS, how would you get all potential callers to jump thru hoops to call you via card?
Voice Stick now charges a monthly fee.

...mike
Just an update on VoiceStick...

There is no longer a monthly fee, but if you get the Next2Nothing with a free number, you have to use at least $1 per month to keep the number

Old
  (#17)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-05-2008, 04:24

Emoci -
Thanks. I am surprised they didn't email this fact to their old customers.
I hope their billing is now a little more solid.
...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#18)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2008, 11:00

Yes. They did away with all the fees. They only charge you up to if you use less than $1 a month. So, say if you use $0.70, they will charge you $0.30 for the month. The information is on their homepage. The billing is also better now. According to Bruce, they even got rid of the person that came up with all those fees, because it cost them a a lot of their customers.

There are some threads including this one where Bruce mentioned it.

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/free...com-t3399.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Emoci -
Thanks. I am surprised they didn't email this fact to their old customers.
I hope their billing is now a little more solid.
...mike

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#19)
benjeff (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default UM+ not receiving calls in USA - 13-06-2008, 05:22

I live in Virginia and although I can make outgoing calls (only by using the "Tools" menu) I am not able to receive calls on my +44 number. I hope it will work in Europe when I go there soon.

Old
  (#20)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-06-2008, 09:10

Have you tried with other mobile phone?

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570