PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#121)
robinb

Default 31-05-2013, 10:30

Has anyone had a problem accessing Toggle voicemail? I have been toing-and-froing with Toggle support, but all I can get is are very nice replies telling me what number to dial to access voicemail! In fact I can actually get to the service, but I can't listen to the voice message itself. Maybe my English explanation is not clear? This what I have said to them:
I am sorry but I can NOT listen to any messages. I know that I have them because:
1. I left them by dialling my UK Toggle number!
2. I have received SMS notifying me that there are new messages!
3. When I dial into the mailbox I am told that there are both old and new messages!
But there is NO WAY of listening to them. When I press the required number to listen to an old or new message, I just get a ‘beep’ straight away and then the next list of menu options.
If I try to listen to a new message, I get just a ‘beep'. Then the new message count goes down by one (and the old message count goes up by one). The system thinks that I have listened to the voice message, but it never actually plays them!
Could you please find some way of fixing the problem, then testing that you have fixed it?
Unquote
Any help would be appreciated...I am at my wits end. I have even tried calling support, but we had problems understanding each other (I am English).

Old
  (#122)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 31-05-2013, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
  • They say US is coming, but they will need to change their business model somewhat. No one offers free incoming in the US when you dial a US number, as it is mobile customer pays in the US, not caller pays like in Europe. They presently have free incoming in the US when calling one of the European numbers, but presumably they are getting some money at the European termination end.
They definitely get the termination rates, which are as follows:

UK £ 0.0069/min (April 1st, 2013 Ofcom | Regulated prices)
FR € 0.008/min (January 1st, 2013)
ES € 0.0109/min (January 1st, 2013 to be lowered to € 0.0098/min from July 1st, 2013)
SE € 0.017/min
DE € 0.0185/min (4Q2012, disputed by EU Commission EUROPA - PRESS RELEASES - Press Release - European Commission halts German plans to set fixed termination rates 3-times above EU-average)
NO € 0.0265/min
NL € 0.027/min
DK € 0.0309/min
AU A$ 0.06/min (January 1st, 2012, set to fall to A$ 0.036/min from June 2014)
CH CHF 0.0875/min

IE ? (varying termination rates, Lyca not listed)
PL ? (varying termination rates, Lyca not listed)

soure: http://berec.europa.eu/eng/document_...shot-as-_0.pdf

Quote:
  • What's the deal with the termination rates to the UK number? It is in the Lyca range, seems that until recently the other UK mobile operators charged extra to call Lyca, but that has now stopped. Betamax/Dellmont charges for Lyca calls as for regular UK mobile numbers, but Localphone charges 2.9 US cents to most UK normal mobiles but 19.9 cents to Lyca (same as Jersey.) In practice, this can mean that it is cheaper to get an IMSI in France for example (3.9 cents on Localphone) even if not travelling to France for purposes of forwarding.
Obviously many carriers charge higher rates for calls to British MVNOs but I cannot find any source confirming that there's a higher termination rate for those.

Given the termination rates above I wonder why toggle does not block calls forwarded to the British number (for which they get the lowest termination fee) but blocks calls forwarded to Swiss toggle numbers which would yield a very high termination rate that can definitly cover the costs even while roaming in other European countries.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#123)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-05-2013, 18:32

I had written to Localphone last week and said that in light of the fact the UK mobile carriers were no longer charging extra for calls to Lyca UK, perhaps they were not either and they might want to consider lowering their rates.

I got an email back today informing me that they were lowering the rate to Lyca UK to 14.9 (US) cents per minute, which is now reflected on their website. Orange, Tmobile, and Vodafone are still at 2.9 cents. I would assume that for whatever reason Localphone is paying more than the termination rate shown on the Ofcom site. Perhaps those rates only apply to charges from one mobile carrier to another, and Localphone does not qualify for that rate.

Voipyo (Dellmont) still has Lyca for 1/2 Euro cent per minute. Using Voipyo with Mobilevoip in callback mode becomes insanely cheap - e.g., calling the US would be a half cent per minute plus a 5 cent setup charge (setup only charged using callback mode, not charged for pure voip or calling a local Dellmont number that cross-connects to your destination number.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
They definitely get the termination rates, which are as follows:

UK £ 0.0069/min (April 1st, 2013 Ofcom | Regulated prices)
FR € 0.008/min (January 1st, 2013)
ES € 0.0109/min (January 1st, 2013 to be lowered to € 0.0098/min from July 1st, 2013)
SE € 0.017/min
DE € 0.0185/min (4Q2012, disputed by EU Commission EUROPA - PRESS RELEASES - Press Release - European Commission halts German plans to set fixed termination rates 3-times above EU-average)
NO € 0.0265/min
NL € 0.027/min
DK € 0.0309/min
AU A$ 0.06/min (January 1st, 2012, set to fall to A$ 0.036/min from June 2014)
CH CHF 0.0875/min

IE ? (varying termination rates, Lyca not listed)
PL ? (varying termination rates, Lyca not listed)

soure: http://berec.europa.eu/eng/document_...shot-as-_0.pdf

Obviously many carriers charge higher rates for calls to British MVNOs but I cannot find any source confirming that there's a higher termination rate for those.

Given the termination rates above I wonder why toggle does not block calls forwarded to the British number (for which they get the lowest termination fee) but blocks calls forwarded to Swiss toggle numbers which would yield a very high termination rate that can definitly cover the costs even while roaming in other European countries.

Old
  (#124)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-05-2013, 18:54

Quote:
Lyca UK to 14.9 (US)
I see two ways out:
1) Use flynumber instead, and forward calls via voip to another terminator. For example rebvoice.com (Dellmont spinoff) charges 0.5c/min + 3.9 connection/call to UK Mobile, incl. Lyca.

2) As localphone determines their tariffs on prefix, not on actual network, you can get a UK-T-Mobile number, or any other "normal" UK number, and port it to the ToggleCard.

I´ll (try to) implement strategy 2), also in the light of presenting a "normal" number. I will do this in ~2 weeks, I´ll report on how it worked out.

Rgds,
Christian

Old
  (#125)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-05-2013, 19:05

Or use Localphone to forward to a French Toggle number at 3.9 cents per minute. In my experience Localphone passes through the caller ID while the Dellmont carriers usually do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post
I see two ways out:
1) Use flynumber instead, and forward calls via voip to another terminator. For example rebvoice.com (Dellmont spinoff) charges 0.5c/min + 3.9 connection/call to UK Mobile, incl. Lyca.

2) As localphone determines their tariffs on prefix, not on actual network, you can get a UK-T-Mobile number, or any other "normal" UK number, and port it to the ToggleCard.

I´ll (try to) implement strategy 2), also in the light of presenting a "normal" number. I will do this in ~2 weeks, I´ll report on how it worked out.

Rgds,
Christian

Old
  (#126)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-05-2013, 19:07

Quote:
Or use Localphone to forward to a French Toggle number at 3.9 cents per minute. In my experience Localphone passes through the caller ID while the Dellmont carriers usually do not.
With localphone I used this strategy, and it works incl. the number passing through. Call quality is excellent.

With flynumber I´ll experiment some time soon and report back.

Rgds,
Christian

Old
  (#127)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-06-2013, 19:10

I recently received a SIM in the USA (for an upcoming UK trip) I was HOPING to get it setup prior to departure, get the number, load some value, maybe even signup for a data package. But, i can't seem to get it to connect to a local USA network at all. I've tried changing all the APN settings, changing profile to roaming, I can SEE a number in my profile, but it starts with a 300 which apparently is a "dynamic number" that is assigned till the actual 074 UK number is allocated or made known.

Anyone have any thoughts about how to activate - or confirm prior to actually BEING in the UK? should this BE possible at all?

Old
  (#128)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-06-2013, 19:24

My toggle SIM has never been in the UK and started working flawlessly here in Germany after online activation. Have you actually activated your SIM card? Have you performed a manuel network search and then tried to register on each available network four times in a row? Which networks are actually available at your location?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#129)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default activation - 03-06-2013, 19:47

So, there really was nothing to do for "activation" when I put the card in the iphone (unlocked of course) it didn't pickup a network here in the USA. I tried updating the APN, and searching for a network, but there is no additional network selections.

I tried registering on the website and it TOOK my 300 xyz number, which isn't really a number at all for registration with the PUK I had on the credit card thingy that the SIM comes in, but there was NO number listed on the package, documentation, credit card thingy, etc..

toggle says, "once you connect to the network it'll tell you what you UK number is" but that of course hasn't happened.

When I check under the phone settings on the iphone it says my "number" is 44 300 xyz, which toggle says is just the "dynamic" number that'll GET me my regular number.?

I wonder if there are no roaming networks to connect to here in Washington, makes no sense.

I've also set the PROFILE to ROAMING and to INTERNATIONAL, and that doesn't work.

I've also tried using the tweakker webapp to have the settings automatically done on the phone, but THAT didn't work, so I put them back to the APN settings that toggle lists on their website.

Old
  (#130)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-06-2013, 19:52

There are no settings that need to be done in order a SIM to register on a roaming network. APN settings only affect Internet access and have no impact on network registration. Please try what I suggested in my previous post.

Tags
netherlands, toggle