PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#16)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-03-2016, 01:27

Thanks Gnarfy.

Great that you actually have registered for this info.
I'm currently checking all the options:

Bitrefill seems to be the cheapest, but you need Bitcoins and small numbers may have some extra fees at the bit exchanges. On the other hand, you save another currency conversion from your own currency to UAH. Thanks for the confirmation that Bitrefill works for MTS Ukraine -> Vodafone. Fees are around 8%.

What the "regular" top-up agencies are concerned 'Pay724' seems to be the cheapest. But it looks a bit dubious. Better use it with a debit card. The domain is registered in Moldavia. It has an iOS app and refers to an US company. Fees are around 12% as the exchange rate to UAH is very unstable.

A more established agency is ezetop.com, now also called ding.com They only charge slightly more: around 13% right now.

I'm considering to put the offer back on the prepaid data WIKI. I will only recalculate the conversion to € and show top-up options. Originally UAH:EUR were 30:1, right now exchange rate is around 28:1 - so I'm going to use 25 to implement the top-up fees. It still gives great roaming rates, but for domestic data there might be cheaper options in some countries (e.g. Poland).

Other options and proposals are very welcome. Thanks for your contribution.

Last edited by wolfbln; 06-03-2016 at 01:35.. Reason: add-on