Old
  (#41)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-08-2011, 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Hello Pre-Paid GSM.

It's been a while since I've used Fonic, but I have one question fairly straight forward.

Can you tell me the appropriate APN settings so I can pre-program my Android Phone?

I've found the : pinternet.interkom.de ..... and the settings on the fonic page.... but if I am not mistaken, shouldn't there also be MNC (mobile Network Code) and a MCC (Mobile Carrier Code) that I should provide? I believe the MNC for german carriers is 262... but what about the MCC for Fonic?

Thanks in advance!
You dont have to set anything beside the APN. And even the APN doesnt matter on o2 network, they will connect on all kind of APN names.

Christian

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#42)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-08-2011, 09:55

Fonic use O2's network, which has the MNC 07 but as dg7feq wrote, you don't need to enter anything else besides the APN and the APN again can be just anything.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#43)
CptBill (Offline)

Default 13-09-2011, 22:13

Hello guys. Just purchased a 15 euro top up card from a lidl store for my fonic number.
I followed the instructions on the receipt and now when I type *101# I can see that I have 15 euro but when I login to the fonic webpage I see 0 euro as my balance. Also I cannot use the internet. It stopped when my balance dropped to 0 euro. Shouldn't be working after the 15 euro top us card I used? And why my balance on fonic webpage is 0euro?

Old
  (#44)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-09-2011, 23:47

The balance shown on the website is not realtime, however the USSD-query by *101# definitely is. Now that you have € 15 on your account, you should be able to access the web again. Maybe try to power cycle your phone.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#45)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-09-2011, 07:47

How long does it take the 5 euro bonus for recommending someone to appear in the account?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#46)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-09-2011, 10:01

Unfortunately up to 3 weeks (FONIC ? Kunden werben).

Old
  (#47)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-04-2012, 11:17

I've just received the following questions by PM which I'd like to answer publicly so others may have use of my answers, too:

Quote:
Sorry never done a thread before and don't know where to post my question.
I have used your excellent posts before and purchased a Fonic sim at Staples in De.and referred your number for your credit. .
I used the my Fonic sim in a regular handy and topped it up again last time in Germany.
Now I am returing to Germany and hoping to use it in a unlocked Smart phone.
1.Can I use the same card or do I need to buy one specifically for a smartphone?
Fonic does only have one single type of SIM cards through which you can access any of their tariffs. So yes, you can use your SIM card in any device, be it a dumb phone, a smartphone or a data device.

Quote:
2.If I can use it in the smartphone what do I need to do to activate the Internet-Tagesflatrate mit Kostenschutz 2,50eu,oder the Handy-Internet-Flatrate 9,95eu?
You can activate any of these tariffs by SMS or through Fonic's website. Please refer to Germany - Fonic - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access for detailed instructions.

Quote:
3.Also,This time I am also thinking possibly of buying a surfstick, for my netbook.
Does the same sim card go into the surfstick? or should I buy a seperate one?
As long as your Fonic SIM is not a microSIM (the super-small ones used by these fruit phones) it will fit in any of these sticks. But what smartphone do you actually own? Usually you can tether your netbook to your smartphone by Wifi or at least by a USB cable and so you could share the smartphones Internet connection with your netbook.

Old
  (#48)
Benjymoto (Offline)

Default Fonic confirmation of address letter - 02-05-2012, 08:52

Hi,

Just wondering if fonic is sending out letters to confirm the address used in registration like lidl? using the same network I'd expect them to but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Ben

Old
  (#49)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 02-05-2012, 10:12

Yes, they do, too. Actually Lidl is just a rebranded tariff variety of Fonic realized by the same company which is also the contract partner for both tariffs. That's why Lidl SIMs are actually activated through Fonic's website.

Old
  (#50)
Benjymoto (Offline)

Default 02-05-2012, 19:30

Thanks Inquisitor, guess I'll just give lidl a shot and hope for the best. They don't half make it difficult for people to give them money

Tags
fonic, germany