PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
saren (Offline)
Official Member

Default Various Betamax voip sites not accepting new accounts/or credit cards - 18-03-2008, 10:49

Various Betamax voip sites not accepting new accounts/or credit cards

I'm having a strange problem logging in, or setting up new accounts with various VOIP clients.

I've downloaded voipcheap, justvoip, voipraider, voipwise, and smslistto. SMSLISTTO has the cheapest per minute rates to UK mobiles (only 3pence/minute). For this reason, I tried to set-up an account. It blocked me stating unknown problem with registration.

I assume because I've downloaded so many of these clients (which are all betamax products), I've been banned from registrating on anymore. But, how can they know it's me. I've downloaded the different voip from different locations on my laptop. Surely my IP has changed.

My questions are

1) How do i easily change my own IP?
2) Why, after listing Canada as my home location are credit cards not available as a payment option on some of these Betamax voip sites?
3) Has anyone esle downloaded many of these clients and experienced the same problem?

thx

Old
  (#2)
md27514 (Offline)

Default 18-03-2008, 11:11

Try to use different computer. All those installations can have left something on your laptop. I have encountered similar problem a while ago. Switching computers solved it.

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-03-2008, 12:46

Be careful when setting up several accounts, especially if using up the free trial calls on each, or if attempting to use a credit card for an account in another country, as you'll be flirting with their fair use and anti-fraud policies.

You might try uninstalling the clients you don't need, including their application data folders, but I don't actually know whether this will remove any flags and other problems you've acquired so far

Last edited by andy; 18-03-2008 at 13:11.. Reason: trial calls comment added

Old
  (#4)
saren (Offline)
Official Member

Default 18-03-2008, 13:01

switching computers sounds like the way to solve it, but if i register on one computer, can i login on MY computer without a problem?

Old
  (#5)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 18-03-2008, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by saren View Post
switching computers sounds like the way to solve it, but if i register on one computer, can i login on MY computer without a problem?
Not a problem. After registration/payment just download the client on the computer you will be using it from on and log on using your username and password.

Old
  (#6)
djmonsi (Offline)
Official Member

Default 19-03-2008, 07:37

Note: i do this all the time when i want to make a new account from my PC. It works fine for me. If any thing go wrong with your pc dont blame me. I am not responsible for your mistake..do it at your own risk.

just do as i say :

1) go to C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto and you see two folders DSS and RSA. remove what ever files you find inside the folders. ( inside the folders and not the folders )

2) C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache again two folders you see content and MetaData , remove all the files from those folders too. ( again inside the folders and not the folders )

3) C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials you see a folder e.g. ( S-2-5-51-1934994488-440334440-18016211-212 ) delete that folder.

do this much and restart your betamax client and you can make new ids from your pc.

Old
  (#7)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-03-2008, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmonsi View Post
Note: i do this all the time when i want to make a new account from my PC. It works fine for me. If any thing go wrong with your pc dont blame me. I am not responsible for your mistake..do it at your own risk.

just do as i say :
I'm sceptical about the recommendations, which I assume will apply to other identity details on the computer, not only for these accounts, and people may not wish to delete those

Old
  (#8)
djmonsi (Offline)
Official Member

Default 19-03-2008, 18:28

Very true..but as far as i am concerned i dint have any problem. its up to people.