PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#231)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-01-2014, 21:21

With the EuropaSIM Smart Passport option any action out of Italy (SMS, data, in/out call) triggers a daily charge of 3 EUR. As far as I understand only a recharge extends the SIM validity to additional 11 months. No usage or other actions causing a charge should be necessary.

Old
  (#232)
flychr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-01-2014, 21:30

hi
Quote:
Some users reported successful upgrade of the old EuropaSIM cards to the new Smart Passport option using the following procedure:
"Call the number 42070 (free from many roaming countries). Reply "1" to all announcements. The last one informs you that the option Passport Mobile Internet needs to be deactivated in order to activate Smart Passport. You confirm that one with "1" as well."
wish I knew a little before

think I'm going top up sim, within one month, just in case
Chr

Old
  (#233)
flychr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-01-2014, 21:40

Quote:
If you have a smartphone you can install "My vodafone" app from Vodafone Omnitel. It will show you the expiration date and current balance. Once configured it works via WiFi without EuropaSIM card inserted.
Quote:
Once configured
is it enhough with phone nr? or you need vodafone log in?
Chr

Old
  (#234)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-01-2014, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSTEVE View Post
Some resellers claim that Voda Italy credit does not expire - I have my doubts, so I make a chargeable event (sadly at a cost of 3 euros) every six months.

This usually involves travel outside of the UK, so not a biggie for me.

I'm sure other members of this forum will have more precise knowledge...

+Steve
To postpone the expiry date, you have to top-up once every 12 months. Credit doesn't expire, the SIM does.

Last edited by tux; 21-01-2014 at 22:04..

Old
  (#235)
flychr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-01-2014, 11:04

hi
Quote:
To postpone the expiry date, you have to top-up once every 12 months. Credit doesn't expire, the SIM does.
was afraid what 5 euros was too little on sim but it was orange fr. where it was necessary to top op with more than 5 euro every 6 month?
Chr

Old
  (#236)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-01-2014, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by flychr View Post
hi

was afraid what 5 euros was too little on sim but it was orange fr. where it was necessary to top op with more than 5 euro every 6 month?
Chr
Orange mobicarte, SFR La Carte, etc.

Old
  (#237)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-01-2014, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by flychr View Post
is it enhough with phone nr? or you need vodafone log in?
Chr
It is a while ago since I've installed it. I do not remember what was necessary. There is a video about the installation on the Vodafone web page (right bottom):
http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Privat...osti/My190-App

Old
  (#238)
jb9 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-09-2014, 12:47

Can someone confirm whether or not I can now add value to an existing Mobicarte account using orange.fr from the US before I go to France? I am looking at the page and it seems like I possibly can. Has anyone done this? Or do I need to just visit a tabac when I arrive (like I usually do)?

thanks,

jb9

Old
  (#239)
scirocco (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-09-2014, 01:57

You can certainly add value to a Mobicarte online from outside the country using a credit card. However the card needs to be one from a French bank (or maybe those from some neighbouring EU countries will work as well). But non-EU cards typically will not be accepted.

If you really, really need the credit added before you get there you can buy top-up vouchers from ebay sellers, but you'll often have to pay above face value.

Or just go to one of the Relay stores at CDG and buy a top-up there when you arrive. Or any tabac.

Old
  (#240)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-09-2014, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
You can certainly add value to a Mobicarte online from outside the country using a credit card. However the card needs to be one from a French bank (or maybe those from some neighbouring EU countries will work as well). But non-EU cards typically will not be accepted.

If you really, really need the credit added before you get there you can buy top-up vouchers from ebay sellers, but you'll often have to pay above face value.

Or just go to one of the Relay stores at CDG and buy a top-up there when you arrive. Or any tabac.
Non-French credit cards are not accepted by any carrier in France (except Joe Mobile)

Tags
france, internet data, mobicarte, orange france