PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Gaya (Offline)

Default [Morocco] Sim4travel now charges incoming calls. Any alternative? - 07-08-2009, 00:02

Dear friends,

In the past, I had an eKit card thant went more and more expensive , so I switched to Sim4travel.

As you know, Sim4travel now offers free incoming calls in 36 coutries, instead of more than 70 coutries some weeks ago .

I need a SIM provider that allows free incoming calls when roaming in Morocco. In you know about one, please, let me know

Cheers

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-08-2009, 06:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaya View Post
Dear friends,

In the past, I had an eKit card thant went more and more expensive , so I switched to Sim4travel.

As you know, Sim4travel now offers free incoming calls in 36 coutries, instead of more than 70 coutries some weeks ago .

I need a SIM provider that allows free incoming calls when roaming in Morocco. In you know about one, please, let me know

Cheers
As far as I know there is no roaming sim that offers free incoming in Morocoo.

Old
  (#3)
JohnCK (Offline)

Default 07-08-2009, 09:28

Hi,

As the termination rates to Morocco Mobile are quite high it is very unlikely that you will find any supplier offering free inbound.

John

Old
  (#4)
Gaya (Offline)

Default 07-08-2009, 09:52

During the summer 2008, Sim4travel was offering free incoming calls in Morocco. It worked well for outgoing calls, but not for the incoming ones: people that wanted to call me had to repeat it many times, because they were directly connected to the voicemail for at least 50% of the calls. But despite of that, it was a good and relatively cheap solution.

And during the same summer, Prion said here that UM+ (R.I.P.) was also offering free incoming calls in Morocco.

At this time, I find no alternative

Old
  (#5)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-08-2009, 10:47

A moroccan one?

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#6)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 07-08-2009, 15:21

I can give you a non-working SIM. It is free to receive in any country, but it will not work.

You said it was free to receive calls in Morocco on sim4travel, but it did not work on the reception side. Sounds exactly as good a deal to me as my above offer

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.

Old
  (#7)
Gaya (Offline)

Default 07-08-2009, 17:38

don't exaggerate, it worked well... but not in the evenings, and sometimes in the afternoons

But when it worked, it was for free

Old
  (#8)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-08-2009, 18:34

The only sims that offered free incoming in Morocco were those based on Jersey telecom, only, (for some strange reason) and not others (09 for example had a quite large list but not Morocco).

Old
  (#9)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-08-2009, 02:46

I am surprised no one has suggested the obvious sources for free incoming calls in Morocco. I believe there are several carriers there - ALL offering free incoming!!! Just use a forwarding service with a local number in your home country if you want callers to make calls to you w.o. them having to pay
As you know, there is no such thing as "free incoming". Except for the U.S. and Canada ( and maybe another place or 2), someone has to pay for the call - with most international SIMS the cost is born by the caller when they dialed a super expensive Estonia or Lichtenstein number.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#10)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-08-2009, 09:42

Snidely, absolutely right !

Because of all the troubles with these international sims, I moved to buying local sims (most of the time in advance of my departure), I set up forwarding, and use Jajah for making calls myself. Before I leave I ask Jajah to change my mobile number to the one I'll be using. I allways have internet access where I am, so, cheap enough for me, and no troubles not being able to receive a call because of stupid non-working roaming agreements of these international sims.

That's how I do it now.
Just sharing...

EDIT for typo

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S