PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Tre.it SIM is inaktive - 11-06-2009, 16:36

I haven't used my tre.it SIM since maybe 10 month anymore and now, it is inaktive! What I have done wrong?

What happen with the money on the card? can I get it back? Or maybe can I reactive my SIM-Card? I cannot login anymore on the webside of tre.it!

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
beppe_bl (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-06-2009, 10:41

The true validity of a tre sim is still quite a mistery.
In theory, a sim activated before may 2006 has a validity of 12 months after last recharge, instead of a sim activated after may 2006 has 5 months (+1 only for incoming calls/sms) after last billed event.
But, there's always a but, is not unusual that a sim can lives 2 o 3 year without any recharge or event, or being deactivated before the end of validity, just only if not used for a bit.

I can only suggest you to write a mail (servizioclienti@tre.it), but probably will be difficult to get something

Old
  (#3)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 12-06-2009, 18:30

the card was bought after may 2006 but in the first year is was not inactive after 11 month, only this year!

Is it enought to write all 4-5 month a SMS or must I load some money on the card?
Has the company to refund the money which was loaded on the SIM in Italy like in Germany?

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-06-2009, 11:37

With tre.it is a total mistery. Better to use another Italian operator if you use tha card only very few times a year...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#5)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 16-06-2009, 11:57

I wrote an Email to tre.it and their answer was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre.it
A Tal proposito, le ricordiamo che la ricaricabile 3 (anche DVB-H), attivata a partire dal 15 maggio 2006, ha una validita' di 5 mesi dal giorno dell'attivazione o dall'ultimo evento di traffico effettuato, piu' un ulteriore mese durante il quale la USIM sara' abilitata soltanto alla ricezione di servizi gratuiti.
If I understand ist right, 5+1 Monath! But what I have to do, to keep it active? write a SMS is enought or have I reload money?

I would use another operator but there where I spend my holidays I have only TIM Vodafone and tre.it and tim and Vodafone are to expensive for me! every year a new tre.it sim costs less than tim or vodafone!

They write me, that I can transfer my money from the old sim to a new one. There must be a PDF on their homepage for it but I cannot find it. Does someone know it? I only find a PDF to get the money back via Bank-Transfer but that costs 10€!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre.it
Puo' inoltrare eventualmente la richiesta inviando tramite raccomandata A/R l'apposito modulo disponibile sul sito tre.it al seguente percorso: 133online->Guida al 3G-> Download->Documenti3.
Non avranno validita' autocertificazioni o moduli compilati parzialmente.
can someone say me, where I can find a store locator on the tre.it homepage? I find only the search for the big official dealers but in the past there was also a possibility to search smaller shops which sells tre.it SIM

Last edited by Dennis; 16-06-2009 at 12:12..

Old
  (#6)
beppe_bl (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-06-2009, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
I wrote an Email to tre.it and their answer was:

If I understand ist right, 5+1 Monath! But what I have to do, to keep it active? write a SMS is enought or have I reload money?

I would use another operator but there where I spend my holidays I have only TIM Vodafone and tre.it and tim and Vodafone are to expensive for me! every year a new tre.it sim costs less than tim or vodafone!

They write me, that I can transfer my money from the old sim to a new one. There must be a PDF on their homepage for it but I cannot find it. Does someone know it? I only find a PDF to get the money back via Bank-Transfer but that costs 10€!

can someone also say me, where I can find a store locator on the tre.it homepage?
Only send a sms should be enough, the problem is simply that tre.it servers are not really reliable.
(And about the validity of tre.it sim there's a survey by italian telecomunication authority)

Trova Coperture, Negozi e Centri Assistenza 3
select "negozi e centri assistenza"

ps: next time you could consider a mvno on tim or vodafone, i.e. coopvoce, postemobile, 1mobile ....

Old
  (#7)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 17-06-2009, 09:58

Postemobile (on Vodafone) and Tiscali Mobile (on Tim) have very interesting offers.

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-06-2009, 12:06

But probably he needs 3 for UMTS surfing, which is very expensive with the MVNO.
Strange that Wind has no coverage, maybe 2G only...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#9)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-06-2009, 12:14

yes I need it for surfing!

The coverage of Wing was very bad the last years, but I will check it again, maybe it is now better! Thanks for your help!