PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Shenn (Offline)

Default What 3G operator to use - 26-06-2011, 15:37

Hello. I read the topic about prepaids in Italy. Want to buy super internet from 3 tre.it for my iPad. But my trip will be 2 weeks and many different regions of Italy - and I afraid that covering of 3 is not so good and the rouming will eat my money. I will travel from Rome to napoli to Bari to Gallipoli to Sicily. I need about 1.5 gb for all period.
Can you advice me the best operator of 3G for my trip.
Thank you!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-06-2011, 21:05

Go with TIM or Wind, not 3, they don't have so much coverage outside bigger cities...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Shenn (Offline)

Default 27-06-2011, 10:19

Thank you, Mr. Effendi. I decided to buy Tim. As I understood unlimited internet (5th in month) for 19 euro.
And one more question: I want to buy iPhone in Tim store, they say on the site that give a micro-sim but I didn't understand the conditions of it. Can I use it for unlimited Internet?

Old
  (#4)
naco (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 27-06-2011, 15:19

I do agree with Effendi.
Both tim and wind offer, on a prepaid sim card, 1gb/month for 9€, (if you are under 30 there's tim young, 6€ for 1gb+ 1000 free texts to Italian mobile)
tim offers also 5gb for 19€
wind offers 10gb for 20€

You should have decent speeds with both tim and wind, and the 3g coverage is good for both (wind made strong investments on 3g in southern and central Italy recently).

3 has a really slow 3g network.

Old
  (#5)
Shenn (Offline)

Default 27-06-2011, 19:50

Thank you very much. I will buy Tim in Napoli. I can't find winds office near my hotel.
Also i want to buy phone in tims office. On the site there is promo that they give 5 euro microsim for who bought iphone. But i didnt understand can i use the unlim inet on this sim.

Last edited by Shenn; 27-06-2011 at 19:56..

Old
  (#6)
Shenn (Offline)

Default 29-06-2011, 23:22

Ok, im in napoli. In napoli's shops nobody speak english and want to help you, unfourtenetly. I went to wind thay said we dont have microsim, i went to tim they disscusd about one hour what to do and said me that the best one it to buy 250 mb wap in week... After that i went to vodafone, they gave me a microsim for 15 euro and sempre internet for 20 euro 3 gb.... Lets how i can use it

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-06-2011, 07:14

That's fine, at Vodafone shops they are sometimes smarter than at TIM or Wind... they even didn't cheat you so much

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#8)
Shenn (Offline)

Default 30-06-2011, 12:43

3g from vodafone is very good in napoli. Now on road to bari the coverage is good too. Lets see how it works in puglia and sicily

Old
  (#9)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-06-2011, 15:30

Puglia and Sicily are usually better with TIM and Wind, but it will be quite ok with Vodafone too.

Old
  (#10)
flychr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-07-2011, 18:33

hi
the vodafone sheen got will be good for at android phone and pc internet.
Chr