PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#51)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-12-2012, 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
users be aware with xxsim and other estonian +372 like travelsim simcards.. even when you receive calls via their local numbers you pay 0.15eur. per minute... with per minute rounding!

you better choose piranhamobile simcard which offers +44 and +1 numbers for free and without additional charge when receiving calls via these numbers...plus their +44 number is a normal UK mobile nnumber, not a high termination number.

but if you insist using estonian based simcards you better avoid xxsim and choose airbalticcard which offers per second billing within EU countries. xxsim & airbalticcard are resellers of travelsim product. airbalticcard is far better than xxsim service. xxsim is NOT recommendable.

gkeeper i had advised/warned you 2weeks ago about xxsim.. my current recommendations are piranhamobile and camelmobile simcards.
Yes second Billing

All incoming calls to the U.S. Pirana Mobile number is Not free!
They are very different prices

In future write as it appears on their site!

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Last edited by Eustar; 03-12-2012 at 01:19..

Old
  (#52)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-12-2012, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
Hi All, Just come back from a business trip , Belgium, USA and Canada, I normally use the Piranha Sim. Thought I would give the XxSim a go, for the free roaming etc, big mistake, when I returned I found I had a BT bill to pay, over £100.00, and that was on the friends and family tariff ( if i was not on this tariff the cost would have been closer to £300.00, lucky I did) BT cheap international phone calls & International calling plans. I checked with BT to see if this was correct, which it was, if I had used my normal choice the cost would have been closer to £30.00 in total. I am now waiting for my wife’s mobile bill, I have been told that the calls to the XxSim number are £1.00 per minute, fortunately she only used it a couple of times when calling my XxSim number, if I had used my Piranha she could have called my UK number within her contracted bundled minutes. More fool me, never again. Word of warning, USERS BEWARE!!!!
sorry to say that, but you should never use any foreign SIM card without checking the rates with your provider upfront. Thats why i set up a different calling route for the XXSim in our phone switchboard which gets the cost down from 39ct/min (from our regular provider) to about 18ct/min on a different VoIP carrier...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#53)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustar View Post
Yes second Billing

All incoming calls to the U.S. Pirana Mobile number is Not free!
They are very different prices

In future write as it appears on their site!

airbaltic card charge per second 30+1for EU calls according to EU regulations, they are based in EU. (xxsim is based outside EU in Switzerland!..)
.i have tested my airbaltic simcard so i can confirm they charge per second! as their "mother" company travelsim do too.

piranha charges per minute but has cheaper rates than xxsim!

EUSTAR don't be in panic with XXSIM..you look like you're an employee of them...

Last edited by fsotirop; 03-12-2012 at 12:01..

Old
  (#54)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-12-2012, 13:25

Do either +372 operators offer VoIP integration?

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#55)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
+371 operators like xxsim, airbaltic and travelsim no they don't offer.
piranhamobile and camelmobile they do offer.

Old
  (#56)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-12-2012, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
i did that self made. my PBX at home is configured to forward calls to my XX as long as my SIP is not registered (from any betamax). So if i am online on VoIP the Voip rings, otherwise the XXSim. Outgoing on SIP go to the normal betamax/finera rates...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#57)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-12-2012, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
sorry to say that, but you should never use any foreign SIM card without checking the rates with your provider upfront. Thats why i set up a different calling route for the XXSim in our phone switchboard which gets the cost down from 39ct/min (from our regular provider) to about 18ct/min on a different VoIP carrier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
EUSTAR don't be in panic with XXSIM..you look like you're an employee of them...

Sorry, your conduct indicates that you have a psychological problem and does not understand that when you write in such behavior?

Do you read yourself and what you wrote it?

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Old
  (#58)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-12-2012, 17:12

Hi sorry, but I think you are missing the point of Fsotirops posts. What he is saying, is that it is very expensive for the caller to ring an Xxsim +372 number and there is a premium of 15 Euro cents to call the US number on top of any incoming call costs, so when roaming in the EU it costs 15 Euro cents to receive a call on US number, compared to the much cheaper rates of the other cards he has mentioned and calling the +372 can be very expensive, in my case up to £1.00 plus per minute to call if you do not have bolt on extras, therefore free roaming or not the XxSim works out much more expensive than the others cards, in some cases 3 to 4 times more expensive. Fsotirop please correct me if I am missing something here.

Old
  (#59)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
Hi sorry, but I think you are missing the point of Fsotirops posts. What he is saying, is that it is very expensive for the caller to ring an Xxsim +372 number and there is a premium of 15 Euro cents to call the US number on top of any incoming call costs, so when roaming in the EU it costs 15 Euro cents to receive a call on US number, compared to the much cheaper rates of the other cards he has mentioned and calling the +372 can be very expensive, in my case up to £1.00 plus per minute to call if you do not have bolt on extras, therefore free roaming or not the XxSim works out much more expensive than the others cards, in some cases 3 to 4 times more expensive. Fsotirop please correct me if I am missing something here.
you're just right gkeeper. have a look also here: http://www.piranha-mobile.com/roaming.pdf to fully understand how estonian based simcards like xxsim make profit.
it seems that user:EUSTAR promotes xxsim product so he doesn't want to realize the disadvantages of xxsim..compared to other international simcards

Last edited by fsotirop; 03-12-2012 at 17:23..

Old
  (#60)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-12-2012, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
i did that self made. my PBX at home is configured to forward calls to my XX as long as my SIP is not registered (from any betamax). So if i am online on VoIP the Voip rings, otherwise the XXSim. Outgoing on SIP go to the normal betamax/finera rates...
That's an approach, however I'm looking for something a bit more reliable and with proper CID delivery (Betamax retail and wholesale clones are the worst when it comes to CID delivery, even on premium routes). Xxsim already have a Skype route, why not add a SIP one too?!

I do have a couple of Skype for Asterisk channels on my Asterisk box, but call supervision is iffy.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Tags
travelsim, xxsim