PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-11-2011, 21:34

I've used Babblebug: Babblebug.com | Prepaid wireless refills, prepaid phones, mobile recharges, international topups a couple of times to recharge a Mexican mobile with a US credit card. I found them fast and reliable.

They have refills for many carriers in about 80 countries (for example 19 different carriers/MVNO's in Spain) and seem to also now accept Paypal.

Rob

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice

Old
  (#12)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-11-2011, 23:58

I can't find the fees at Babblebug. What does it mean to recharge "8.00 USD converted to Spain’s currency"....

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#13)
dirclient (Offline)

Default 22-11-2011, 13:39

Found a new online service to top-up prepais mobiles all around the world :
http://www.topup-mobile.com
Accepts international credit cards

Old
  (#14)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-11-2011, 07:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba.g View Post
I can't find the fees at Babblebug. What does it mean to recharge "8.00 USD converted to Spain’s currency"....
It's a while since I used Babblebug. At the time there were about 11 pesos to the US$, and they charged US$10 for 100 peso refill, so there was a small markup.

So I presume US$8 for Simyo ES for example would give you nearly 6 EUR on the phone, but you'd need to ask them to confirm (maybe it's only 5 EUR, which makes it not a very good deal).

Ezetop's site is much clearer, they show the amounts the phone will receive when you enter a number and carrier.

With most of these multi-carrier recharge sites you're paying a bit extra just for the convenience. Worth it sometimes to stop a sim expiring.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice

Old
  (#15)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-12-2011, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscore View Post
For All Croatian Networks

Bonbonijera.hr
Hello,

I tried them, but it did not work.

I think, top up with Bonbonijera does not work outside Croatia: They check the IP address and IP addresses outside Croatia seem to be rejected.

Is there some way of "workaround"?

Old
  (#16)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-01-2012, 11:34

Just a word of caution: paypal isn't always "international", it might easily mean "US paypal" for example.
More of a problem with the big, "official" shops, I'm sure for example the shop just mentioned will just accept paypal from anywhere.

Old
  (#17)
JoelBurns (Offline)

Default 05-01-2012, 06:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday View Post
Worth it sometimes to stop a sim expiring.
RTuesday,

I have a Telcel microSIM for my unlocked iPhone4 which I used almost exclusively for Amigo Banda Ancha (internet data) plus a few SMS when I was too lazy to or couldn't find a paperclip to swap in my AT&T SIM. I then used my iPhone as a mobile hotspot for my laptop, iPad, etc. (after I couldn't get a standard Telcel data SIM to work in an unlocked Mifi hotspot, but that's another topic).

I travel to Puerto Vallarta for a week or two around New Years every year and want to keep this SIM active (so I'm set as soon as I arrive, no taking a taxi and waiting in line at Telcel for an hour, etc.).

The clerk said I had to top up every 4 months to not lose the phone (elsewhere on this forum people report 6 mo). I think he said something in there about 100 pesos, but my Spanish isn't that good.

Do you know if there is a minimum amount required to keep the SIM/number active?

If not, I see my options as (let me know if wrong):
  • Pay a minimum recharge every 60 days of 50 pesos (US$3.65) on telcel.com (or 30 pesos on topup-mobile.com it appears) and assume those balances roll-over thus leaving me a balance of 300 pesos (via telcel.com) when I return next year.
    Pay a minimum recharge every 4 months to just keep the SIM and phone number active then buy the voice/data plan I need on the day of the trip.

Unfortunately telcel only offers weekly, bi-weekly or monthly automated online recharging requiring me to set myself 6 or 3 calendar reminders a year in the above scenarios.

Thanks in advance RTuesday (and others) for your advice on the minimum to keep the SIM active. I'll look for another thread on getting the Mifi mobile router/hotspot working with Telcel.

Joel

Old
  (#18)
JoelBurns (Offline)

Default 06-01-2012, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelBurns View Post
RTuesday,
Telcel
Joel
I missed that this was in the Europe folder and am moving my post over to Americas.

Old
  (#19)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-07-2012, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Costello View Post
Hungary:
etopup.hu

No commission, accept foreign credit cards.
When trying, I get forwarded to my bank to put in the secure code (so this is working), then I get a error message von OTP

"A terhelendő kártya az üzletági követelményeknek nem felel meg."

(Google translate: The card to be charged to the business unit does not meet the requirements.)

Are there other possibilities?

Old
  (#20)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-08-2012, 15:34

Does someone every tried this service for Romania:
Top up Prepaid in Romania online
they offered us with a 1€ bonus for people visiting PrepaidGSM. I don't have Romanian sim-cards so I cannot check the service, but it would be nice if someone could try it.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim