PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#301)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-02-2014, 02:21

Oh I agree with you Bossman. NEVER put more than the minimum top up amount on any of those cards, believe me I learned that the hard way (find my Celltrek / Nexus One drama thread right here in these forums)

Old
  (#302)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-02-2014, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
0.39 Euro cents or £0.40 still mathematically more expensive and bundles are use it or lose it. its all about how much you use and as i have already pointed out the standard email is 50kb-75kb. I am happy leaving my data on knowing that worst case it will costs me £0.10 or £0.20 per Mb when travailing in the EU. and much cheaper outside of EU than the companies you have mentioned, but everyone to his own. My original point was they seem to be getting some very good deals in and outside of EU.
When going to a hotel with WiFi I normally use it as well as other free WiFi spots available (airports, shopping malls,...). With mobile data switched on constantly, this causes me 10 or more reconnects a day (room->breakfast & return, entering/leaving hotel...). Each connection change from mobile data to WiFi terminates a charging block. With charging blocks of 100kB this causes me 1 MB of data to be charged even if no data has been transfered in the sessions. Not really a problem for me in the EU with today's low per MB prices.

Old
  (#303)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-02-2014, 18:54

I do however think they might benefit from a spell checker, just received this trust inspiring mail:

Quote:
Have you joind Piranha Mobile on facebook and twitter

Hi Sophia

We are asking all our users to visit and Like our facebook and follow us on twitter.

We are regualy posting news and information relateing to Piranha Mobile and think you will benfit from linking to us.

Take a momment to use the links at the top of this email to join us.

Thanks in advance

Piranha Mobile Admin Team

Old
  (#304)
PSIM (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-02-2014, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I do however think they might benefit from a spell checker, just received this trust inspiring mail:

Quite right, staff should have used spell check, draft was sent out in error

PSIM

Old
  (#305)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 23-02-2014, 00:01

Hahaha! Actually it gave me a good giggle, it was like reading one of those "if you can read this" jokes.

All jokes aside I do like Piranha and it's comforting to see you got in this thread on the same day

Old
  (#306)
PSIM (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 23-02-2014, 07:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Hahaha! Actually it gave me a good giggle, it was like reading one of those "if you can read this" jokes.

All jokes aside I do like Piranha and it's comforting to see you got in this thread on the same day
Thank you, it was a very unfortunate error by one of our Junior staff and they are mightily embarrassed, but sound in the knowledge that mistakes do happen and that it’s not the end of the world.

PSIM

Old
  (#307)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-02-2014, 10:44

PSIM, is data coverage planned for Macedonia? according to your pricelist there is currently not availiable on both local networks (ONE & TMOBILE)

Old
  (#308)
PSIM (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 23-02-2014, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
PSIM, is data coverage planned for Macedonia? according to your pricelist there is currently not availiable on both local networks (ONE & TMOBILE)
At present we do not have what we consider a good price for Data roaming in Macedonia, however this may change in Q2 of 2014. We will inform customers of any change to prices as and when.

PSIM

Old
  (#309)
ma0941987 (Offline)

Default 23-02-2014, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtheprof View Post
Thought I’d set up a new thread on the Piranha mobile sim, (some previous posts in UK and Canada sub-forums) - I cannot find a general discussion forum on Piranha anywhere, and nothing on their own website! Just got a Piranha mobile sim, dual US-UK number is free, (not Estonia or Isle of Man, so cheap for people to call you), good rates in most locations, though data rates vary by provider in some countries (I've been assured that the sim will try to register on the "preferred" provider with cheaper data, we'll see..) outside UK and US, it's a call-back system, have to see how reliable that is. Piranha have the best offering for Canada that I have seen in a global sim - 22c/min within Canada or back to US, and 48c/MB for data. I’ve been testing the VOIP integration on home wifi in the US: on WIFI people are meant to be able to call you on the same number as the SIM. So far, the outgoing VOIP integration works well - if on wifi, it uses VOIP (at cheaper-than-skype rates, and decent call quality) and if not, it goes through the mobile network. The same number shows up on caller ID for recipient. Incoming VOIP is not working, it only routes through the mobile network. Customer service has not been very helpful so far, but only one round. Not sure if this is an artifact of my Samsung Vibrant.
lol.................................

Old
  (#310)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-02-2014, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma0941987 View Post
lol.................................

A little out of sync, quoting start of thread, only some 31 pages and 18 months ago. Still have credit, so i for one are happy they are still around.

Tags
piranha voip