PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#81)
achu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2006, 19:15

Also looks like there are variations of price within US. If you choose the original Ohio 567-252-xxxx as your additional phone #, the cost is $9 per 6 month instead of the more common $36. So my guess is that you'll get the 567-252-xxxx as their choosen "free" USA number for you.

At least they are making progress on things. Now they just need to get rest of the website to work (call history, voicemail, etc).

Old
  (#82)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-08-2006, 23:55

Just so I understand this, if I now sign up for a Yackie SIM and request a number in my local market, any number, not just a particular number, they are going to charge me $36 more???

Old
  (#83)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-08-2006, 02:16

Yes.That's the way it is on the website now. You can either have the free (US,UK or France) number. Which in the case of a US # we do not know what the areacode is (could be that Ohio areacode), or have a number of your choice for a fee.

You can actually try doing it until you get to the checkout pount and cancel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb
Just so I understand this, if I now sign up for a Yackie SIM and request a number in my local market, any number, not just a particular number, they are going to charge me $36 more???

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#84)
KarenM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-08-2006, 01:04

Well, I emailed Cizake 2 days ago, and zip, nada, no response. Anyone here have any better luck getting through to him faster? I'm nearing need for Fed Ex if it's to get to me in time, and I'm just so dang discouraged. I put "urgent" in my subject line, tho I'm sure he's inundated. I really would rather use this service than UM, but may have to decide tomorrow to go with them.

Any help appreciated.

Karen

Old
  (#85)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 11-08-2006, 02:14

I have e-mailed him, sent him a PM on here and tried the online help on the yackie website all without nothing.

Old
  (#86)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-08-2006, 02:43

One thing I could not deduce from the update to the website is, if after 6 months they will automatically charge another $36 for excample for another 6 months. So, the bottom line is the number will cost $6/month. Also, what about those of us that already have these numbers, are they going to start charging us every 6 months? I guess Cizake is the person to ask these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu
Also looks like there are variations of price within US. If you choose the original Ohio 567-252-xxxx as your additional phone #, the cost is $9 per 6 month instead of the more common $36. So my guess is that you'll get the 567-252-xxxx as their choosen "free" USA number for you.

At least they are making progress on things. Now they just need to get rest of the website to work (call history, voicemail, etc).

Old
  (#87)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-08-2006, 12:58

Well @ $36 (per year?) plus the rest of the high startup costs, I think Yackie has just priced itself out of my market. After all, what happens to that investment if they follow easyRoam into oblivion. I'd have invested a lot of up-front costs with very little return.

Old
  (#88)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-08-2006, 14:03

Actually, it's $36 every 6 months for an additional number.

They have now updated their website where by there is no choice but to opt for a free US, UK or France number (The dropdown displays only these 3 countries). One can't go further unless they choose a free # from one of these countries. After that, then the next screen asks if one wants to add another number, Choosing "Yes" then it displays all the other countries/city and the and an associated fee depending on the country/city. For most US cities the fee is $36.

Chooing "No" displays the normal screen with just the cost of the sim $49 + any topups.

Here is a typical message.

"You can buy 12036484723 phone number for 6 months for USD 36"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb
Well @ $36 (per year?) plus the rest of the high startup costs, I think Yackie has just priced itself out of my market. After all, what happens to that investment if they follow easyRoam into oblivion. I'd have invested a lot of up-front costs with very little return.

Old
  (#89)
KarenM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 13-08-2006, 16:59

Well, Cizake never responded, so I'm going the UM route, I guess. Sheesh. What a drag Yackie is now. The website is sooooooo non-functional!

Karen

Old
  (#90)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-08-2006, 19:03

I know...It's a major task trying to get any kind of response back from yackie. I myself will be needing to topup my credit, since I plan on using the trip on an upcoming trip in a few weeks. I'm not even sure how I will be able to top it up. I'll probably try contacting Cizake and hopefully he'll be able to help in that aspect too.