PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Closed Thread

Old
  (#11)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-02-2011, 09:44

I also know that it may be misleading but we always advise to check the rates on our website and that's why we also have a Tariff Quick Finder.

We say "Be Local – FREE incoming calls in 90+ countries incl. USA & EU" but if you take it to the letter USA and EU are not countries.

I have to agree with 123456 Usa is a country and the Eu is not a country. EU does stand for a number of countries that are part of the EU. Europe is a continent and is different than EU. Fact is Bulgaria is part of the EU. Therefore your claim that calls are free to receive in the EU means they are free in all EU countries including Bulgaria.

Since Bulgaria is not free you can't claim free in in EU. You might want to change this to most of the EU instead of EU.

As for what you write about free incoming in the USa yes it does say that in the rate table. But what I just hate is that on the mainpage it reads:

Quote:
Also with two mobile numbers on one sim, a UK and a US number, WorldSIM customers travelling to the US can benefit from receiving free incoming calls, as well as making low cost local calls whilst in the US and internationally.
In 1 line I read 2 numbers, travelling to the USA and free incoming. This does give the impression of free incoming on both numbers as they are in the same line. Yes your rate table than tells something else but fact reamins you are giving a wrong impression.

This is like many companies that have unlimited plans and than in the small print it says fair use.

Quote:
At the moment we don't have a fair use policy but we are in the process of evaluating this subject, will be updated on the website as soon as we have it done.
Thank you for this answer and since your terms state you can change them and we have to accpet them this means that if I buy a card now and in 1 month's time you change to fair use (a term which can mean anything without being specific) your card might become worthless to me and some others. This happened to me using globalsimcard, bought one of their cards for my wife, I was using them for a year and than oeps they changed their terms. (now their database with my details even seemd to be hacked)

Please continue to evaluate this and once you know you are going to do the vague fair use please let us know. For your information ekit does not have one and yes you might have different rates but fairuse,is a no go for me and many others.

1 Other point I could not find is, is there a yearly cost to keep the card or do we have to make a call every x month.

Old
  (#12)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-02-2011, 11:46

Good morning,

Rfranzq, yes you're right, thanks.

123456, it's tru e that "EUROPE receive calls FREE", most of countries do and because of just one we won't say the other way around, what we may add is a * and write the note that Bulgaria is an exception, does that suits you better?

Bbob, market is changing all the time, sometimes for better others unfortunately for worse, we are always trying to find the best solution for our customers. This kind of situation happens with all products and services, not only with sim cards. If our customers aren't happy with our product we won't be happy either because you are the ones that keep our business running.

Yes, we do have a cost, it's £1/month.

Thanks for all your opinions.

Wish you all an excellent weekend!

Kind regards,
Sofia

Old
  (#13)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-02-2011, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldSIM View Post
123456, it's true that "EUROPE receive calls FREE", most of countries do and because of just one we won't say the other way around, what we may add is a * and write the note that Bulgaria is an exception, does that suits you better?
That might do the trick, but make sure you do not write EUROPE when you mean the EU. It's not the same. Example: Moldova and Macedonia are also in Europe (the continent), but not in the European Union and also don't have free incoming calls.

Old
  (#14)
Vesko (Offline)

Default 07-02-2011, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldSIM View Post
...most of countries do and because of just one
What about Estonia? Another asterix?

I have a suggestion: you better write in capital letters "FREE incoming in the whole world" and put some little * for those who want to know what is your very personal and individual understanding of this.

Old
  (#15)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-02-2011, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
We say "Be Local – FREE incoming calls in 90+ countries incl. USA & EU" but if you take it to the letter USA and EU are not countries.

I have to agree with 123456 Usa is a country and the Eu is not a country. EU does stand for a number of countries that are part of the EU.
Once upon a time I got into a rather heated discussion about the answer to the question "How many countries are in the British Isles?" Is the answer two or five?

Old
  (#16)
kman99 (Offline)

Default Data Plan - 08-02-2011, 01:10

Hello,

When do you plan to release a data plan? I have a suggestion if you can provide a reasonably price bundle package for data that would make life easy for us business travelers.

Previously ATT and Verizon had unlimited roaming data packages worldwide which was really convenient.

If you go prepaid, then the cost has to low. Not $3.6 US / meg (for UK) or $35 US / meg (for Japan).

Data is becoming very important for people now a days. Someone needs to help address this market.

- Kman

Old
  (#17)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-02-2011, 16:38

123456 - Thanks!

DRNewcomb - And what about the number of countries in the world?? There are so many opinions that honestly I'm not sure.

kman99 - We know, at this time we were expecting to have data available but unfortunately we still can't offer good rates and for that reason we prefer not to have it. Although, the information I have at the moment is that we are very close to launch data, I hope that it happens because for me as a customer would be excellent also.

Thanks for all your opinions! We appreciate it.

Old
  (#18)
Lieb (Offline)

Thumbs down Problem with Worldsim SMS & Data - 07-07-2011, 18:24

I purchased Worldsim because it advertised "Data" and "SMS" in addition to voice services.
At this point I am a very unhappy customer.
It took me 4 days to be able to get internet access, because the instructions were incomplete. I am currently in Belgium and roaming is extermely slow!! This is not acceptable for the rates charged!
Then I have the same problem as gouwe28 - I cannot receive incoming SMS messages. I have logged a query on the Worldsim website and sent a E-mail to "info@worldsim.com" and have received no response. Perhaps Sohia Sousa can also talk to her customer support friends on my behalf.
Or maybe gouwe28 has fix - ifso please let me know.

Old
  (#19)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Exclamation 11-07-2011, 15:48

Hi,

As we are already in contact with you since Saturday through email there's nothing much to say here, just to apologise for the delay on the feedback from our Customer Service team.

We are making all our best efforts to improve our products and services and also our Customer Experience.

All your feedback is much appreciated, feel free to give us suggestions for example on how to explain the data roaming configuration in a better and more efficient way.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
WorldSIM
Marketing Dpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieb View Post
I purchased Worldsim because it advertised "Data" and "SMS" in addition to voice services.
At this point I am a very unhappy customer.
It took me 4 days to be able to get internet access, because the instructions were incomplete. I am currently in Belgium and roaming is extermely slow!! This is not acceptable for the rates charged!
Then I have the same problem as gouwe28 - I cannot receive incoming SMS messages. I have logged a query on the Worldsim website and sent a E-mail to "info@worldsim.com" and have received no response. Perhaps Sohia Sousa can also talk to her customer support friends on my behalf.
Or maybe gouwe28 has fix - ifso please let me know.

Old
  (#20)
ecsqatar (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-11-2011, 23:13

There is no one in UK who can sue these people , they are cheating people with white label, i bought their sim from a exhibition counter (who will read terms & conditions ) and they claimed alot things and i did not knew companies from countries like UK can cheat like this.!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the lesson.

Closed Thread

Tags
bulgaria, worldsim