PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
djhak (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Horrible TravelSIM service - 30-06-2009, 23:39

I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

Old
  (#2)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-07-2009, 00:45

Ok, I think there is more than one travelSim and it's sometimes not clear which one is being referred to. There is one with the UK number (easyroam) and there is another one with a 372 number. I have the easyroam one. Which one are you talking about. Is there a consensus as to how to differentiate them when posting about them?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#3)
djhak (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-07-2009, 01:25

I would be referring to the TravelSIM with the +372 number (travelsimshop.com, not travelsim.co.uk). Ironically, both offer a free SIM swap for a UM card.
I may have sent a nasty email to the wrong person. I see that easyroam is on the forum and may have received my venom earlier today. Time to apologize.

Old
  (#4)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Thumbs down 01-07-2009, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhak View Post
I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card
Same trouble overhere with my (Estonian) Travelsim which i received in return for my UM+ sim. I tried to activate it since Saturday, but i have never received the e-mail to validate and activate my account on the website of Travelsimshop. So i cannot use my sim to call. No response on my e-mails and support tickets so far.

Old
  (#5)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-07-2009, 13:30

wanted to buy / trade on 1 for my um card for a trip to russia, but reading this I think I should stay away from them. Are there any other option for the estonian numbers.

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-07-2009, 14:11

I contacted Andy of TravelSIM sending him the link to this discussion.
He's always a very correct person so I'm sure he will do his best to solve your problems.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#7)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-07-2009, 18:31

Sometimes it happens that I call my Travelsim (which is turn off) and it...rings

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#8)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-07-2009, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeprovenza View Post
Sometimes it happens that I call my Travelsim (which is turn off) and it...rings
If you mean that you hear a ringing tone from your phone, that is not a real indication that the phone is ringing. Some voip carriers appear to connect the call and the other end appears ringing but it is not ringing at all.

Old
  (#9)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-07-2009, 16:56

yes, it's a false ring, but it's very curios

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#10)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-07-2009, 17:16

Prion gave me his estonian number and I tried coalling it, it does ring but he does no see an incoming call, gosim also gave me a testnumber, same problem, i hear a ring but they are not seeing a call.

gosim does have good customer service, at least the answer my emails fast. travelsim.com took more than 1 week to answer my request.

Tags
travelsim, travelsimshop