Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#11)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-03-2010, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
I have not used my Telcel SIM since around mid Jan 2010. It was bought around the 30th Dec 2009 but apart from the startup credit, it was never topped up. A friend is off to Mexico this week, and wants to use my SIM again. Will it now be completely dead due to inactivity, or can it be topped and reactivated?.
Each time you recharge (for 100 pesos or more), 60 days is added to the validity of all the balance (new and old, if any). I'm not sure if the initial balance has the same rule. Using the phone does not extend validity.

So your initial balance would have expired at the latest at the end of Feb. But, you should be able to simply top it up some time in the next 2-6 months to reactivate it (most people say 6 months, some say a shorter time, maybe varies by region). You'll only get the new balance of course, not any remaining starting balance.

Quote:
I have received 4 calls initiated from Europe using SMSDiscount access number in France and I have been charged 8 pesos per minute to receive these calls.
Very odd. Are you checking the balance before and after each call (sure it's not .88 pesos which is the call checking cost)? Is the caller calling with +52 1 892 ... or +52 892? (the latter shouldn't work as it's for landlines only but maybe there's a glitch which allows it and charges the called party?).

Rob