PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
myonlymobile (Offline)

Default 21-04-2009, 17:33

Hi, thanks for your information. I just want to confirm that I am reading this right and it actually costs approximately R$2/minute or about US$0.90/min to call another operator's mobile during peak times? Those prices are incredibly high for a local phone call, and are even more than many international roaming prices.

Old
  (#12)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-04-2009, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by myonlymobile View Post
Hi, thanks for your information. I just want to confirm that I am reading this right and it actually costs approximately R$2/minute or about US$0.90/min to call another operator's mobile during peak times? Those prices are incredibly high for a local phone call, and are even more than many international roaming prices.
MyOnlyMobile

Yes, it's high, they charge that much in prepaid plans.
OI operator price list

That's the reason most people in brazil who own a prepaid mobile use to mostly receive calls, with an eventual emergency outbound call and lots of SMS's. Calls to a mobile phone from a landline are charged about R$0.80 peak and R$0.55 off-peak per minute. I think if the operators would decrease their prices they would have much more traffic, but the usual way to go here is "charge high from just a few, not charge low from a lot'

Oi

Indeed it is expensive. I used to have a prepaid "caps" plan in Australia, $30 AUD would then be charged about 0.25 per minute and 0.20 per megabyte of data, with 30 day validity. Sooo different.
3 Pricing

Old
  (#13)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-04-2009, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by myonlymobile View Post
yes, you are right!

It's more expensive than the international cards offers. I checked United Mobile United Mobile - Rates & Coverage - Low rates for calls and internet worldwide. and also Telestia Passport SIM Card by Telestial, and they are really much lower than the Brazilian prepaid call rates.

It would be feasible originate calls from Brazil using an international number (international SIM) and keeping a prepaid mobile just to receive local calls Dual-SIM mobiles anyone?

Old
  (#14)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 2011 updates for Brazil - TIM - 19-07-2011, 17:57

Well, been here again and checked the updates I posted about Brazil in 2009, now it's 2011 and things are quite different.

Let's go:

TIM is offering R$0,50 a day prepaid data, the plan is named Infinity pre, no activation needed, you just buy a pre paid card and use it (you need someone else's CPF for the first call and registration, it's like a taxpayer ID, even the salesman can give you his), the day you use internet is R$0.50 a day.

Calls to other TIM mobile within Brazil are R$0.25 each call (not time limited) and SMS is R$0.50 a day (for any operator within Brazil).

There are no roaming fees to make calls to other TIM within Brazil (no roaming charges for calling).

You must always use TIM CSP 41 (carrier selection code) to make long distance calls, such as 0 41 61 8100-0000 will place a call via TIM (41) to a mobile number in Brasilia (61) mobile number 8100-000.

Data allowance is 10 MB a day at 300 kpbs speed and 300 MB a month, then speed is limited to 64 kbps, still enough to email and twitter, but no good for web browsing, but there are no excesses.

The pre paid SIM can be bought anywhere (news stands, pharmacies, supermarkets, pretty much anywhere they sell it now), for R$10.00 , included R$10.00 good for calling TIM phones, but no good for local landline calls (R$0.50 each) and data, you need to top up with any value to be able to use the mobile data and calls to other phones not on TIM network.

Calls to local mobiles not on TIM network are charged R$1.39 per minute.

The validity is described next
R$12 - 30 days
R$17 - 90 days
R$ 26 - 90 days
R$ 35 - 90 days
R$ 50 - 180 days
R$ 100 - 180 days

This is by far the best option avaliable in Brazil, if you get 2 TIM SIMs you can call your partner unlimited for R$0.25 a call. Internet usage is fine too, the limit is ok for a day with normal use on an Android phone, no problem so far.

The URL for more info (in Portuguese) is Infinity Pre

To check your balance you dial *222# (normal credits) and *767# (bonus credits)

Last edited by ranerio; 19-07-2011 at 18:51..

Old
  (#15)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 2011 updates for Brazil - Claro - 19-07-2011, 18:15

Claro has the following offer on prepaid: it's named Fala Brasil R$0.25 por chamada (R$0.25 per call).

Calls to Claro phones within Brazil are charged at R$0.25 per call (every 30 minutes there is another charge of R$0.25), calls to local landlines (same area code) are R$0.45 a call (10 minutes per call limit, then another charge of R$0.45) and SMS to any operator within Brazil is R$0.45 for a day (you can send as many messages as you wish to any operator). You need to dial *525 to subscribe to the offer and a Brazilian CPF to activate the line on the first call. The offer should be confirmed by SMS. To dial to another area code you must use Claro's CSP (carrier selection code) when dialing, for example 0 21 61 9200-0000 will place a call via Claro (21) to BrasÃ*lia (61) to the number 9200-0000.

Top ups for this offer are:
R$ 12
R$ 17
R$ 22
R$ 30

Prepaid internet can be chosen from two options:
15 days - 150 MB cap - R$6.90
30 days - 300 MB cap - R$11.90

To activate you must send an SMS with PACOTE to the number 767 and then confirm the offer. You must wait for the message confirming the activation of the package.

The Claro offer does not include roaming, so if you travel to another location, you are charged R$1.76 for both receiving and making phone calls, to or from any number. If you are going to change area codes within your stay, TIM is a better deal. No roaming charges.

The Claro offer for internet is described here: Pacotes Claro

The pre paid voice and SMS plan is described here: Fala Brasil R$0,25 por chamada

To check your balance dial *544# and an SMS with your current balance and expiration date is sent back to you.

Last edited by ranerio; 19-07-2011 at 18:26.. Reason: further info about CSP

Old
  (#16)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 2011 updates for Brazil - OI - 19-07-2011, 18:24

OI offers a prepaid offer named OI Cartão.

The top ups are as follow:
R$10.00 - it gives you R$20.00 credit a day for use in calls to other Oi mobile, long distance to landlines and Oi mobiles for a month.

R$15.00 - it gives you R$25.00 calling credit a day for use in calls to other Oi mobile, long distance to landlines and Oi mobiles, and SMS messaging to any operator within Brazil, also for a month.

R$20.00 - it gives you R$30.00 calling credit a day to call Oi mobile, long distance landlines and Oi mobiles and Internet access.

The fees are as follows:
Internet - R$0.79 per 100 kb block
Local Calls - R$1.54 per minute
Long distance - available on National Calls

You must use the 31 code before a long distance call, such as 0 31 21 8888-8888 will place a call to Rio de Janeiro (area code 21) to the mobile number 8888-8888

You can check the balance dialing *805

Old
  (#17)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 2011 updates for Brazil - VIVO - 19-07-2011, 18:37

Vivo prepaid offer is named Vivo Pré.

The offer is offered by top up value:

R$ 12.00 - R$200 calling credit good for 15 days - You can use up to R$180 to make calls to Vivo mobiles and R$20.00 to make calls to long distance to Vivo and landline phones.

R$ 18.00 - R$300 calling credit good for 25 days - You can use R$350 to call local Vivo, landline and long distance Vivo.

R$ 25.00 - R$ 450 calling credit good for 30 days - You can use R$450 to call local Vivo, landline and long distance Vivo.

Calls are R$0.89 a minute to Vivo, and R$1.25 to other local calls.

Roaming is not inclued in these offers and it is charged R$1.25 to receive calls or make calls in a different area code from subscription time.

They have higher offers, can be checked at Recarregue e Ganhe com Bonus para DDD

To subscribe you must call *9003

Internet offer is R$9.90 a month, limited to 20 Mbytes (yes, a month), but there are no excess charges, speed is reduced to 32 kbps after quota, but you can make another top up.

To subscribe to Internet you must send a SMS with INTERNET to 1515 and the confirm the reply with SIM message (means YES, not Subscriber Identification Module).

The prepaid data offer is described here : Para Voce Internet[]

To check balance you dial *8000 and then a SMS is sent with your current balance.

Old
  (#18)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-07-2011, 09:23

Thanks for the updates!
I'm going on holidays tomorrow so I have no time to update the pages now, but I'll do as soon as I'm back.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#19)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default New vivo prepaid plan - 13-08-2011, 01:17

I've noticed the updates have not been posted to the main site yet. So let me add a new plan recently offered by Vivo.

The name is Vivo Sempre, the website is Vivo Sempre

The subscription the to promo is as follows:
  1. You first call the promo hotline dialing *9003 and choose the plan VivoSempre
  2. You top up a value to make calls to other vivo both local and long distance for R$0.05 (five cents a minute),
  3. By choosing this option, your balance will be deducted by R$6.90 (activation fee), which is deducted from the next top up you make.
The top up expiration periods are:
  • R$12.00 = 15 days
  • R$18.00 = 25 days
  • R$25.00 = 30 days

The dialing rules are the same, you must use Vivo's carrier selection code (CSP) 15 to make the phone calls.

Local calls to fixed phones are R$0.25 a minute.

To keep the promo active the client must top up at least R$12.00 every 30 days.

Roaming rules are:
  • To dial a Vivo number within Brazil but outside your registration area the tariff is R$0.25 a minute.
  • Incoming calls are not included when outside your registration area. Incoming calls within registration area are not billed.

Usual rules of first call interception to key in a CPF also are valid.

I personally prefer this offer to Vivo's other offer, because it does not deal with bonuses and all those stuff, simpler rules.

Old
  (#20)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default TIM Mobile internet options - 25-09-2011, 09:19

Hi, I have checked the TIM Brazile website and found for mobile internet in addition to the option of R$0.50 a day for 10MB data, a pre plan named TIM web Pre that offer several option from day to month 1GB of data. Do you knwo if this plan ia activable on a pre paid sim to be used in a Iphone? or ina Ipad for data only?