PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-02-2014, 17:46

I still have this card and recharged not a long time ago, anybody knows how to check how long is the card still valid (before it used to be WELL hidden under Mi Vodafone >> Mis Datos now of course they messed up everything even more).

Also any idea if you can buy something (or even transfer credit) with Vodafone.es cards?

Also if somebody wants to borrow&use the card for a while PM me (I'm for now in Germany).

Old
  (#12)
gaztelugatxe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 23-04-2014, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by f300 View Post
I still have this card and recharged not a long time ago, anybody knows how to check how long is the card still valid (before it used to be WELL hidden under Mi Vodafone >> Mis Datos now of course they messed up everything even more).

Also any idea if you can buy something (or even transfer credit) with Vodafone.es cards?

Also if somebody wants to borrow&use the card for a while PM me (I'm for now in Germany).
Hi f300

It's difficult to know the validity because they've changed the whole site.
I keep the sms received when I topped up last time.

Credit cannot be transfered now between PAYG, only from Contract to PAYG

Regards

Old
  (#13)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-05-2014, 13:07

Thanks for the answer, I didn't have the phone on at the time so I don't know...

What's more, it seems that they went from 9 months expiration time to 6 months + 45 days but there's no way to tell. I've had the last recharge on 10-10-2013 so I have less than two weeks left.

This combined with the fact that I can't really find a 5 eur charge that would cost me close to the real 5 eur (+VAT maybe) and I think I'll let the card just die rather than pour more money down the drain.

If anyone is interested I'll sell it for something like less than half the price (it has 20-something euros on it). But we need to move fast so it doesn't expire before that (you don't need the card to recharge it and a small envelope should arrive next-day just about anywhere in Europe).

Old
  (#14)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-05-2014, 14:54

Update: it seems that I might be wrong about those 6 months after all and the card should be valid 9+1 months (accordingly to recent messages on their forum). Although the only pdf I can find on vodafone.es about this mentions 9+3 months. Whatever. I think I'll just leave the card in a phone and see what happens, if any warning comes, etc.

If anyone wants to borrow it or buy it still contact me at any time in the future, I am quite sick of it.

Old
  (#15)
gaztelugatxe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 14-05-2014, 17:11

Quote:
Update: it seems that I might be wrong about those 6 months after all and the card should be valid 9+1 months (accordingly to recent messages on their forum). Although the only pdf I can find on vodafone.es about this mentions 9+3 months. Whatever. I think I'll just leave the card in a phone and see what happens, if any warning comes, etc.

If anyone wants to borrow it or buy it still contact me at any time in the future, I am quite sick of it.
Hello

Yes, It is 9+1 month validity

You should get a sms after that time informing that the sim card will be cancelled shortly.

BTW, you can top up in vodafone.es starting from 5 euros

Regards

Old
  (#16)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 15-05-2014, 07:10

Thanks.
I wish I could top up... it doesn't work with any Visa and Mastercard I have, they probably want Spanish ones. This reminds me of the french insisting on french ... AMERICAN express, yea, we only take those.
Maybe until next time I find somebody to top it up for me.

Old
  (#17)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-05-2014, 19:50

Quote:
This combined with the fact that I can't really find a 5 eur charge that would cost me close to the real 5 eur (+VAT maybe) and I think I'll let the card just die rather than pour more money down the drain.
Is the service charge on topup.orange.com too high for you? The site is supposed to offer recharge of spanish Vodafone cards from the UK.

Old
  (#18)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-05-2014, 09:52

This looks jar dropingly good!!!

Less than half what I payed last two times and not a "fly-by-night" web site nobody heard anything about. I just can't believe Orange would recharge cards of other operators! Very very nice!

Old
  (#19)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 15-09-2014, 15:19

Recharging via orange worked like a charm (it looks super-dodgy done via a company from singapore or something but hey, it works)! Remember, this is Vodafone SIM.

I'm having trouble deciding what tarrif to use now that I really want to make use of the money I keep pooring down the drain.

It seems that I have:

Quote:
Tu tarifa actual Tarifa XS 8

Hablar
Llamadas nacionales a todos y a cualquier hora, a 10 cént/min. Establecimiento de llamada 18 cént.

Navegar

Por 1,82 €/dÃ*a disfrutas de 25 MB de datos a máxima velocidad.
Superados los 25MB al dÃ*a se cobrarán adicionalmente 2,29 € por los siguientes 225MB a máxima velocidad.
Superados estos 225MB al dÃ*a se cobrarán adicionalmente 1,95 € por los siguientes 750MB.

SMS
SMS a móviles nacionales a 10
And I want something for 2 weeks, light usage.

I think this would fit the bill but I'm not sure about how to disable it after I don't need it anymore (I assume it would continue to eat away 0.6 eur/day if I don't call 123).

Quote:
Tarifa Internet Smartphone

Por 0,6 €/dÃ*a disfrutas de:
- 20 MB/dÃ*a a máxima velocidad (hasta 7,2 Mbps). Una vez superados, sigues navegando a 128 kbps.

Por 0,5 €/dÃ*a (0,605 €/dÃ*a IVA incl.) disfrutarás de 20 MB/dÃ*a a máxima velocidad (hasta 7,2 Mbps).
Una vez superados, sigues navegando a 128 kbps.
El cobro de la cuota diaria es automático. Para darte de baja en esta tarifa, llama al 123.
No incluye datos en roaming ni VoIP.

This one looks good too but I don't understand precisely what's with it, is just 300MB without any time-limit? Or they don't mention and is for one month and it'll keep renewing itself?

Quote:
Bono Internet

300Mb por 5€ (IVA incluido)

Old
  (#20)
gaztelugatxe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 16-09-2014, 15:23

Quote:
Recharging via orange worked like a charm (it looks super-dodgy done via a company from singapore or something but hey, it works)! Remember, this is Vodafone SIM.

I'm having trouble deciding what tarrif to use now that I really want to make use of the money I keep pooring down the drain.

It seems that I have:

And I want something for 2 weeks, light usage.

I think this would fit the bill but I'm not sure about how to disable it after I don't need it anymore (I assume it would continue to eat away 0.6 eur/day if I don't call 123).

This one looks good too but I don't understand precisely what's with it, is just 300MB without any time-limit? Or they don't mention and is for one month and it'll keep renewing itself?

Hello f300,

now the date until the card is valid can be more or less easily checked:

Go to "Ver tu consumo" (check your consumption)
Go to "Mi movil & SIM" (it's the last tab)
Here the last line shows validity date for your SIM Card.

Regarding tariffs, as far as I know you have the following options:

Vodafone yu
10 euros/month --> 600 Mb/20min/20sms within Spain + free calls to other VF Yu

15 euros/month --> 1200 Mb/60min/60sms within Spain + free calls to other VF Yu

20 euros/month --> 1600 Mb/100min/free sms within Spain + free calls to other VF Yu

I've got personally the first option and you can add benefits max. 3 months if you do not use them i.e. max.
1800Mb/60min/60 sms within Spain with the 10 euros/month tariff.

Vodafone facil

all calls 6 cent/min + 18,15 cent (set up charges)

Also you can change your tariff 6 times a year free of charge.

I've got today the Vodafone September brochure from a dealer. I could sent it to you (prepaid part). Let me know and I will check for a wifi point as I'm on vacation now.

Regards,