PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#101)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-08-2013, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
Except callcentric which other voip providers with did numbers support sip uri forwarding?
If talking about the better ones:
  • Anveo (limits on free accounts)
  • Voip.ms (also free inum) (needs to load some credit to waive all limits, the credit doesn't have to be used afterward).
  • sonetel (also free inum + local access numbers in some countries not found elsewhere, i.ex: Thailand. I also use it to complement the Sipbroker and Inum local access numbers.)
And several providers who don't support external sip uri, forward to inum for free (so you can get the same result). I.ex:
  • localphone.com , forward to your callcentric inum and from there you do whatever pleases you.
For the others with no sip uri or inum calling, no problem either. You can bind them together with a cloud PBX to manage and link all your SIP accounts and devices together in one place. I.ex:
  • pbxes.com (also offers free accounts)
  • sipsorcery.com

Last edited by MBK; 16-08-2013 at 23:03..

Old
  (#102)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-08-2013, 12:15

very cheap DID local numbers with sip uri forwarding: https://didlogic.com/purchases/new

Old
  (#103)
ckh (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-08-2013, 19:15

Thank you MKB.

I'm really considering switching my GV number to Anveo for 24 dollars per year including free number porting.

This way I can transfer incoming calls to both US numbers of XXsim for free and forward incoming sms via the HTTP pro option for 4 cents per execution and 5 cents per message.

And when this robust setup is working condider the cheaper alternative: transfer via cheapers VOIPs and cheaper SMS http send providers.

Thank for this info and your advice!

Old
  (#104)
ckh (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-08-2013, 19:18

Just wandering one last thing. Anveo states tow different things about the orginiation sms number:

- NOTE: Outgoing SMS are not originating from Anveo phone numbers!
- from [optional] is a phone number which will be displayed as the sender of the SMS message.

Which is true? As I would like to transfer incoming sms 1-on-1, without any edits.

Old
  (#105)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-08-2013, 09:42

The from variable let's you set the number you want the recipient of the SMS to see.

If you are sending a new SMS, always set the from field, otherwise it won't show your number as they are using 3rd party providers instead of sending it out directly via your number.

If you are forwarding, you will be using the from variable anyway to pass on the incoming number.

Old
  (#106)
ckh (Offline)
Amateur Member

Smile 26-08-2013, 07:09

Hi MKB,

Just wanted to let you know I've combined hotvoip and telbo with my Anveo and xxsim account! Thanks for all your information as this is both a robust and cheap setup. My setup is now.

- 1 US number (at Anveo capable of receiving call and sms)
- 2 XXsim mobile numbers with extra US number attached
- 2 VOIP accounts and mobileVOIP app

For call:
- Incoming calls are transfered via one hotvoip account (7cmp) and to one included US number of xxsim directly
- The hotvoip account forwards to the other xxsim number directly.
- In this way I have both the hotvoip price and the security of a direct connection with our second phone.
- Outgoing I can use mobileVOIP with callback to xxsim directly or xxsim, depending of the availabilty of a dataconnection. In this way I can even dial out and use the calledID of my main account.

For sms:
- Incoming sms messages are posted to my own sms-message gateway script * which uses a telbo account and if that fails the anveo account.
- In this way I have both the telbo price and the security of a robust backup connection with anveo

* Build this using a free mailgun-account and some hours of php programming. Not only to process incoming sms messages but also to process incoming notifications of new voice messages and so.

Conclusion: I'm setup to leave for our trip One minor improvement point is to select a backup sim provider in case our xxsims gets stolen or don't work.

Old
  (#107)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 28-08-2013, 00:43

Quote:
Except callcentric which other voip providers with did numbers support sip uri forwarding?
localphone.com does. Though they require an actual IP address as opposed to a DNS name. So you can use foo@127.0.0.1 but not foo@example.com

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
Piranha-Mobile and Truphone plus the following
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile

Old
  (#108)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 28-08-2013, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckh View Post
Hi MKB,

Just wanted to let you know I've combined hotvoip and telbo with my Anveo and xxsim account! Thanks for all your information as this is both a robust and cheap setup. My setup is now.
Do you get Caller ID Forwarded?

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile

Old
  (#109)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-08-2013, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamp View Post
localphone.com does. Though they require an actual IP address as opposed to a DNS name. So you can use foo@127.0.0.1 but not foo@example.com
so what is the IP address of hotvoip?

For a provider that does not support iNum, but will forward to a SIP URI, you can send the call to 88351000xxxxxxx@sip.inum.net . A minor disadvantage of the URI method is that the caller will occasionally hear a message "Please wait while we attempt to connect your call."

For use (free) with Rebtel or Localphone numbers that are not yours:

If you have a contact for whom one of these numbers is a local call »www.rebtel.com/en/Get-Help/Access-Numbers/ , add them as a Contact in your Rebtel account. Add (and verify) your iNum (with any provider) to your Rebtel Phones list. Set that number as Preferred.

On the main My Rebtel page. showing your Contacts, click the new entry, as if you were going to edit it. On the screen that appears, you'll see "xxxxx can call you back - Find out how". Click that link and a screen will appear that shows a number local to your Contact. When they call that number (from the number in your Contact list), your iNum will ring. The call is free for you and you don't even need to ever fund the Rebtel account, if you don't use it for any real calls.

On Localphone, it's a little tougher -- you have to use it "backwards", setting up your contact's number as 'yours' and your iNum as the Contact. Set your Location to the contact's city and you'll see the number s/he should call in your Local Numbers. This backwards mode creates a possible security issue, if you don't completely trust the contacts. You can prevent them from making arbitrary calls, by setting a PIN that they don't know, but they could still call your other Contacts. For example, if both your brother and sister were on your account as both Phones and Contacts, they could call each other on your nickel! Also, although calls forwarded to iNum are free, Localphone won't allow them without a positive balance. So, you'll need to pay at least $5, even if you don't use Localphone for any paid calls. Balances do not expire.

Old
  (#110)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 28-08-2013, 17:59

Quote:
so what is the IP address of hotvoip?
You can find that out on Windows from the command prompt with 'nslookup'

On Linux systems you can use 'nslookup', 'dig' or 'host' to find it.

Here is an example on Linux:
$ nslookup hotvoip.com
Server: 10.16.36.29
Address: 10.16.36.29#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: hotvoip.com
Address: 77.72.174.52

$ dig hotvoip.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.2-rl.028.23-P2-RedHat-9.9.2-10.P2.fc18 <<>> hotvoip.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 23998
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;hotvoip.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
hotvoip.com. 839 IN A 77.72.174.52

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
hotvoip.com. 172738 IN NS ns3.finarea.ch.
hotvoip.com. 172738 IN NS ns1.finarea.ch.

;; Query time: 1 msec
;; SERVER: 10.16.36.29#53(10.16.36.29)
;; WHEN: Wed Aug 28 12:55:41 2013
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 102

$ host hotvoip.com
hotvoip.com has address 77.72.174.52
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 10 aspmx.l.google.com.
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 20 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 20 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 30 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 30 aspmx3.googlemail.com.
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 30 aspmx4.googlemail.com.
hotvoip.com mail is handled by 30 aspmx5.googlemail.com.

Europe 2013 vacation:

Tags
onesimcard, travelsim