PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-05-2011, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by telnamobile View Post

What has happened during that timeframe (we actually started working on this project about a year and half ago, long before the vendor for the previous service went bankrupt) is that telna is now a licensed mobile operator (1900 Mhz) in Missouri, and a full member of the GSM association (as you can see here: GSM Coverage Maps | United States | Telecom North America Mobile Inc.(telna Mobile) | Coverage and Network Information). We built our own GSM core network, own all the equipment involved, manufacture our own SIM cards, develop the software that resides on the SIM cards, negotiate our own roaming agreements and basically control everything, so that there are no more vendors involved who go bankrupt and put the service to halt.
Thank you for above information but I am confussed.

checked the link and it says:

Roaming Partners

Telecom North America Mobile Inc. (telna Mobile) has not declared any active roaming agreements with other network operators to the GSM Association.

So if you do have roaming agreements I suggest to update the page to show them if you have them.

Old
  (#22)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 02-05-2011, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Thank you for above information but I am confussed.
So if you do have roaming agreements I suggest to update the page to show them if you have them.
If you look at many of the carriers listed on GSMWorld, you will see that this information is often lacking or hopelessly out of date.

Old
  (#23)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 02-05-2011, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
If you look at many of the carriers listed on GSMWorld, you will see that this information is often lacking or hopelessly out of date.
Which is exactly why we are not publishing it at the moment, because it changes every few weeks. Once it has stabilized, we will maintain it there. Plus, seeing a roaming agreement listed there doesn't mean that customers have access to it, since we use steering to optimize costs in certain countries. So the most accurate (and binding) list is the one on our website.

Old
  (#24)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-06-2011, 13:09

Has anyone here used Telna internationally? In July I plan to send my Moto V980 & TelnaMobile SIM with family going to Japan, Camboida & Vietnam. I have not heard any feedback here of how well it's working.

Old
  (#25)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-06-2011, 11:25

Not this new sim, but I have used them internationally in the past with the old sim.

On a side note - I noticed that I have not been able to log into my account in the last couple of weeks or so. I always get the error below. Voicemail is not working on my sim, and I wanted to see if I have to set it up online or so.

Fatal error: Class 'Scrambler' not found in /www/www.telna.com/mytelna_home.inc on line 33

Quote:
Has anyone here used Telna internationally? In July I plan to send my Moto V980 & TelnaMobile SIM with family going to Japan, Camboida & Vietnam. I have not heard any feedback here of how well it's working.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#26)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-06-2011, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
On a side note - I noticed that I have not been able to log into my account in the last couple of weeks or so. I always get the error below. Voicemail is not working on my sim, and I wanted to see if I have to set it up online or so.

Fatal error: Class 'Scrambler' not found in /www/www.telna.com/mytelna_home.inc on line 33
This error only occurs on the TelnaMobile site. Try the Telna.com site. I actually reported this error on Sunday.

Old
  (#27)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-06-2011, 14:09

Thanks DrNewcomb. Never knew one could log in via Telna.com.

BTW, I have bbeen informed by their customer service that the voicemail is not yet functional, and that it should in the near future.

Quote:
This error only occurs on the TelnaMobile site. Try the Telna.com site. I actually reported this error on Sunday.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#28)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-08-2011, 15:30

Well, I sent my TelnaMobile SIM & Moto V980 phone to my Luddite friends to take on their vacation. They went to Japan, Camboida & Vietnam and never turned it on until they got back to Dallas. :-/ So, I have obtained no information on how well it works outside the US. At least they didn't loose it.

Old
  (#29)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default telna Mobile: progress report - 07-11-2011, 20:36

Hi

This is Herve from telna Mobile. I just wanted to keep you updated on our progress and the new services/features/bug fixing we've been working on recently.

In the past few weeks, we've corrected online access to the account. It should be available to all telna Mobile customers either on telna Mobile - Low cost cellular service for international travelers(international sim card for reduced roaming for inbound and outbound calls while abroad) or Telna - Telecom North America, formerly 3U Telecom (cheap long distance and low international phone rates) .

We've put back the page that allows anyone to send free text messages (SMS) to telna Mobile subscribers on our website: telna Mobile - Low cost cellular service for international travelers(international sim card for reduced roaming for inbound and outbound calls while abroad)

We lowered the rate when you call another telna Mobile customer. The cost is now the same as an inbound call if you call another telna Mobile customer directly on their telna Mobile number. This makes the service even more interesting for groups/families when they travel since calling each other is very important while abroad.

And finally the voip part of telna Mobile is live: we call it wifi calling service. You can use the telna SIP client on Android or any other client that you might prefer. The wifi calling service uses the same phone number and account as the wireless service. This will provide free incoming calls when calls are received through wifi, and much lower rates when calls go out through wifi. More information here: telna Mobile - Low cost cellular service for international travelers(international sim card for reduced roaming for inbound and outbound calls while abroad)

And we know we still have a lot more work to add more features that our customers are asking.

As usual feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks!

Old
  (#30)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-11-2011, 13:22

I've been playing around with TelnaMobile's new VoIP service. It seems to work reasonably well. One observation & suggestion: Their Android app appears to be a "lite" version of the free "CSipSimple" app that has been slightly customized so that the the service name and server are pre-entered. Anyone here might as well install the actual CSipSimple app rather than Telna's version. It has many additional features. Their SIP service also works through Fring, although I have not checked to see that Fring deregisters the connection when you drop WiFi connection, which is necessary if you wish to receive calls via cellular.