PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#21)
prion1 (Offline)

Default 24-07-2018, 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
A short update on my Koko-Mobile Simcard, roaming in UK beginning of this month.

I've been to several areas around London and Surrey beginning of July. Had my Koko Simcard with me in a iPhone SE. After deactivating flight mode, the network it connects automatically is "3 Three UK". As suspected following the LTE coverage list in the customer zone, it is only 3G no LTE. Tried also to log in to EE which worked like a charm. The Simcard got a Sim-Update and it changes the profile from the Israel Provider (for Switzerland) to polish Play Provider when roaming in UK.

I have two Numbers active in addition to the Jersey Number the card comes with. When calling from a UK mobile to Koko (it was a UK 3 card) there is a voice message announcing the rates will be higher than standard UK mobile phones. The Swiss landline DID seems to perform rock solid, I never had problems reaching the Simcard through DID.

When dialing the German mobile number it sometimes happens that I get a message, that the Koko Mobile subscriber is not reachable at the moment. This mostly happens, when I've called the Swiss DID, hung up and dialed the German number immediately. If you wait some time, it works. It looks like the German number is forwarding and thinks, the line is still busy. It never happened when dialing the jersey number directly.

Interestingly, all of my available Swiss and Austrian Mobile provider can reach the jersey number without any problems, no provider seems to block the Koko Mobile number. Compared to the UK number I've got with XXSim this is a big plus, because the XXSim UK number can not be reached with all providers (Salt CH, Skype)

I got to love my Swiss DID which is a little bit costly with CHF 5 per month, but I can route my own localphone.com numbers (landline numbers) at the cost of a landline call (0.01 USD) and even route my Swiss business mobile (which can only forward to Swiss and Liechtenstein numbers) free of charge. Combined with free incoming calls (outside EU/worldwide) on Koko Mobile, this is very attractive and makes Koko Mobile a no-brainer for me, compared to other roaming SIM cards with Estonian Mobile numbers (used XXSim before).
What is the prefix for coco mobile sims?
+447937?