PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Thumbs up 02 UK - My Europe Extra, & Chosen Country, Spain - 01-02-2007, 18:50

http://www.02.co.uk/international/tr...encountryspain really nice, I hope to see something similar very soon

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-02-2007, 20:51

errrrm, oh sorry

This (single-country Spain) has been available since about September, about the time that meir posted about free roaming launched by Czech O2, and I thought it was already on here somewhere, but I did a quick search and didn't find it

It is said that there will soon be a pan-Europe version, for £10 a month, but perhaps not other single country choices (apparently Spain is the favourite destination from here).

Ignoring the 25p outgoing rate and using callback instead looks good.

Last edited by andy; 29-05-2009 at 09:31..

Old
  (#3)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-02-2007, 09:56

Here in Czech is still valid the initial offer. See link http://www.cz.o2.com/bus/en/specialO...Europe_EN.html Plus T Mobile have the incoming call free on all T Mobile networks USA included. I have T Mobile offer/

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-02-2007, 10:12

Since my last post I've found the My Europe Extra in the Terms & Conditions as though it's already open, but I haven't seen it promoted yet (someone at CS mentioned it to me about 3 days ago).

Incoming free in 31 countries*, 25p outgoing to home or the included countries, £10 a month fee. Only on monthly contract at the moment, both consumer and business, but if they could launch it for prepaid ...

edit - I called to ask about this, and it started yesterday (1st February)

Quote:
The Included Countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faeroe Islands, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Last edited by andy; 02-02-2007 at 10:31..

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-02-2007, 10:53

errrrm, I'm told by CS it is already available for prepay as well

he described info on their internal system about prepay, same prices as above, the opt-in and opt-out process ( per month or auto-renewing) by calling a number or sending text messages ...

he then contacted the payg CS to confirm it's available now - yes - I'm expecting an email to confirm some details ...

I think I might have to check up on some of these SIM cards still being valid ...

Old
  (#6)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-02-2007, 12:48

If its true for prepaid. It will be very nice offer. What I like is 12 month subscribtion for GBP 5 a month only.

Last edited by meir; 02-02-2007 at 13:10..

Old
  (#7)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-02-2007, 09:39

It's £10 a month for this option, £5 for Spain only

Old
  (#8)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-02-2007, 11:05

Sorry my mistake. The prices I wrote about are valid for business users.

All O2 Pay Monthly Business customers may opt-in to My Europe Extra for a monthly subscription fee and receive discounted call rates for certain calls made and received when roaming in any of the Included Countries as set out in these terms and conditions.
Customers who opt-in to the service and are abroad in any of the Included Countries will be able to:
Make calls to standard UK fixed line and mobile numbers (excluding video calls) for 25p per minute;
Make calls to standard fixed line and mobile numbers (excluding video calls) within the Included Countries for 25p per minute; and
Receive calls from the UK or any Included Country (excluding video calls) for 0p per minute,
at all times, provided that a cap of 1000 minutes per month applies to calls both made and received. Calls in excess of this cap will constitute abuse. O2 reserves the right to monitor usage, to apply call charges and/or withdraw My Europe Extra from any individual at any time in the case of overuse or abuse.

The Included Countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faeroe Islands, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

A minimum call charge of 25p per call made will apply. All rates include VAT.

Calls to non-standard rate numbers (whether in the UK or the Included Countries) and calls to numbers outside the Included Countries are not included and will be charged at standard roaming rates. Texts, MMS and Data Calls are also not included.
To opt-in to My Europe Extra call Customer Services from your O2 mobile. You will be able to make and receive calls at the discounted rates within a maximum of 72 hours after O2 receives the opt-in request and will be notified that My Europe Extra has been activated via text message. By opting-in you give your agreement to receiving messages relating to this service from O2.
When opting-in to My Europe Extra, you may choose from the following three options:
One month subscription at a cost of £10;
On-going subscription at a cost of £10 per month; or
Minimum 12 month subscription at a reduced cost of £5 per month.
If you choose a one month subscription, a one-off fee of £10 will be added to your monthly bill within 3 days after we receive your opt-in request and access to the discounted rates applicable to –My Europe Extra will be removed one month after you receive the confirmation message from us advising you that the service has been activated. Your normal roaming rates will then apply to all calls.
If you choose an on-going subscription, the discounted rates applicable to My Europe Extra will continue to apply and a payment of £10 added to your bill each month, until you actively contact O2 customer service to opt-out of the service. If you wish to opt-out we must receive your request at least 1 day before the commencement of your next monthly period or you will be charged for the service for the following month.
If you choose a minimum 12 month subscription, the discounted rates applicable to My Europe Extra will continue to apply and a payment of £5 added to your bill each month for 12 months after you receive the confirmation message from us advising that the service has been activated. Please note that if you choose this option and opt-out during this 12 month period, you will still be charged for the full 12 months. After the initial 12 months, you will continue to be charged £5 per month and will receive the discounted rates until you contact us to opt-out. If you wish to opt-out after the initial 12 month period we must receive your request at least 1 day before the commencement of your next monthly period or you will be charged for the service for the following month.
You may opt out of the service by contacting customer service at any time, but no refunds will be given in respect of charges already applied. You will automatically be opted out if you opt-in to Chosen Country - Spain, indicating that you require discounted rates only when roaming in Spain.
O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms applicable to My Europe Extra at any time, including the Included Countries and the calling rates. Notice of any changes which are to your disadvantage will be provided via text message.
In relation to distance sales, you acknowledge and agree that you will not have a right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations once you have opted-in to –My Europe Extra.
The Promoter is O2 (UK) Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX.

Old
  (#9)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 05-02-2007, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It's £10 a month for this option
Not so bad

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#10)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default O2 DE - My Europe Top option - 08-02-2007, 22:04

According to this article (in German) O2 Germany is offering a new option called "My Europe Top" starting next Monday.

Conditions are:
  • 8€/month (minimum subscription one month)
  • 0,39€/min for all calls within the country as well as calls back to Germany
  • 100 free incoming minutes per month (any additional minutes cost 0,39€/min)
  • calls are billed per minute
  • Option is valid for the following countries: UK, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Belgium, Czechia, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600

Last edited by Gryphone; 08-02-2007 at 22:05.. Reason: Wrong list code