PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#19)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-11-2010, 05:13

Haha fishy Nope as rfranzq said, I HATE the local companies here What I like about Truphone is you pay per second, and my calls are always short and sweet... I usually pay less than 70 cents for a call or so. I don't want to use this thread to badmouth competitors, but I got a SIM from another company with $10 credit, it was gone within a month (can't b*tch too much though, it was a gift). On "paper" the rates looked a LOT better, but (for me!) it turned out it wasn't cheap at all. A huge starting fee per call, plus pay per minute, and all of a sudden I found that even the shortest calls cost more than a dollar. Oh and data costs with that company is $15 per 100 kb, I'm not kidding. So, I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Another thing I like about Truphone is you can just make the call, no call back stuff and all that. It almost feels like a REAL sim

Oh, rfranzq, it costs a minimum of $10 + tax + emergency fees per month to keep a local prepaid sim alive here in Canada, and you don't get any data possibilities at all

Last edited by Sophia; 12-11-2010 at 05:30.. Reason: Got some information wrong

Tags
truphone