PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-04-2010, 12:32

They give you $10 credit with it, not a bad deal. I got mine about a month ago, and so far I've been happy with OneSimCard.

Old
  (#32)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default Celtrek SIM card replacement - 22-04-2010, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Do I understanding, from an earlier post here, that OneSimcard will exchange Celtrek SIMs just as they do with UM SIMs?
Thanks rfranz & Sofia for beating me to it - you two are fast

Monkeyboy, follow the link from rfranz, fill out the form and mail us your deceased Celtrek SIM. We will ship you a free OneSimCard SIM with $10 balance once we receive it.

Are there any other international SIM card brands that people would want to trade in for a free OneSimCard? We may open this replacement program up to all other global SIM cards for anyone who wants to make the switch. Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by andy; 22-04-2010 at 19:03..

Old
  (#33)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-04-2010, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
Are there any other international SIM card brands that people would want to trade in for a free OneSimCard? We may open this replacement program up to all other global SIM cards for anyone who wants to make the switch. Any feedback is appreciated.
PrePaidGSM.net Forum - Announcements in Forum : International GSM prepaid cards

specifically:

Unfortunately some dealers use this forum for:
- spamming
- bad talk about competitors
These two behaviours are unacceptable.
We accept dealers to talk ONLY about their product(s) and not about any competitor's.

Your following post has been deleted, and I'm banning you for a few days, subject to review by Effendi

Old
  (#34)
kayexalate (Offline)

Default Trading in International SIM for Free OneSimCard - 18-05-2010, 06:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
Thanks rfranz & Sofia for beating me to it - you two are fast

Monkeyboy, follow the link from rfranz, fill out the form and mail us your deceased Celtrek SIM. We will ship you a free OneSimCard SIM with $10 balance once we receive it.

I have the Telestial Passport Global SIM card. It worked ok. I used it in Europe & Africa. It was nice to have free incoming calls in Europe. However, in Africa, I couldn't the ringback to work in Mozambique. I was frustrated because I was stuck and couldn't make any outgoing calls.

I was doing some research on the OneSimCard and came across this forum.

I'd love to send you my Telestial SIM card for a free OneSimCard to give it a try. Thanks.

Old
  (#35)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 18-05-2010, 14:44

For those who occasionally have ring back issues in other countries with their EKIT sim, there are other ways to get the ring back to work if you have problems. That's in addition to using the *126*......# code.

I am not sure this still works, but it helped me once in a country where ring back failed.

I discovered that the only way to make an outbound call was to send a text to "1234" with the contents of the text message containing the callback phone number string: *102*country code Number# and then waiting for a callback. IE: text

*102*1 858 555 1234# and send this as a text message to 1234. No charge for the text.

Old
  (#36)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 18-05-2010, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayexalate View Post
I have the Telestial Passport Global SIM card. It worked ok. I used it in Europe & Africa. It was nice to have free incoming calls in Europe. However, in Africa, I couldn't the ringback to work in Mozambique. I was frustrated because I was stuck and couldn't make any outgoing calls.

I was doing some research on the OneSimCard and came across this forum.

I'd love to send you my Telestial SIM card for a free OneSimCard to give it a try. Thanks.
I am quite certain that the mods do not want me to provide an answer to your question, but hopefully by calling our customer service department they can help you with your request. Thank you for your interest.

Old
  (#37)
ruloko (Offline)

Default OneSimCard unreliable in Egypt - 11-06-2010, 16:58

We used Onesimcard in Egypt and found it frequently unreliable. After dialing either a US or Egypt phone number, we sometimes got a call back ring, but we would wait 10-15 minutes for the call to go through, but it never did. Other times calls did go through, but probably 75% of the time we couldn't complete calls. Texting worked fine. Next time I'll get international service on my phone. Better to pay more and have reliability.

Old
  (#38)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default PM me details - 11-06-2010, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruloko View Post
We used Onesimcard in Egypt and found it frequently unreliable. After dialing either a US or Egypt phone number, we sometimes got a call back ring, but we would wait 10-15 minutes for the call to go through, but it never did. Other times calls did go through, but probably 75% of the time we couldn't complete calls. Texting worked fine. Next time I'll get international service on my phone. Better to pay more and have reliability.
Please PM me your account email address and phone model used so we can investigate and report back. Thank you.

Old
  (#39)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-07-2010, 23:48

I ordered one of these under the United Mobile replacement program. No risk there. My only hesitation about adding funds is that the funds apparently expire after 10 months and the minimum recharge amount is $25. After two years, the number itself is lost. If you don't travel that much, you could be leaving a lot of money on the table just to keep the card active.

Old
  (#40)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 27-07-2010, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
I ordered one of these under the United Mobile replacement program. No risk there. My only hesitation about adding funds is that the funds apparently expire after 10 months and the minimum recharge amount is $25. After two years, the number itself is lost. If you don't travel that much, you could be leaving a lot of money on the table just to keep the card active.
Grampa, congrats on taking advantage of the United Mobile replacement program. Your balance will expire 10 months from the last recharge, but it will keep rolling over as long as you add the minimum amount at least once every 10 months. There's no need to add a lot of airtime in advance, you can just set up auto-recharge.

If your balance does expire, you can always add funds later when you are ready to travel. The phone number and SIM itself will never expire as long as you make or receive at least one call every two years. If you don't plan on traveling for the next 2 years, just call yourself once before it expires to get a new 2 year window.