PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
randomelemental (Offline)

Default No number.....? - 06-03-2012, 19:38

Just got a 25 eu pre-paid sim from ebay.fr from the guy previously mentioned. I was advised to place the sim in my phone and call another phone to get the number which I need to setup an account on the orange portal in France.

I am still in the UK at the moment. So.....when I try and ring another phone to get my number, nothing happens, it dials then drops the call, no tone, nothing. I have a good signal, so it's not that. On the piece of paper sent to me, it says pin:0000, but my phone doesn't ask for any pin. My phone is the xperia X10 mini pro running android.

I've been through my settings menu to see if it lists my number but it says 'nothing'.

Any ideas where I go from here....I need my number!

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
flychr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-03-2012, 21:46

hi are you calling the right number? If you are calling from orange sim
and a in the United Kingdom, just call your own phone number(from orange sim) with no extra ciffers. The orange sim know it is in uk
chr

Old
  (#3)

Default 06-03-2012, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by flychr View Post
hi are you calling the right number? If you are calling from orange sim
and a in the United Kingdom, just call your own phone number(from orange sim) with no extra ciffers. The orange sim know it is in uk
chr
THanks for your reply.

I tried calling another mobile number using the orange sim to see if I could find out what my orange number is, but the phone won't connect, the call just drops.

There must be another way to find out what my orange number is?

Old
  (#4)
scirocco (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 07-03-2012, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomelemental View Post
On the piece of paper sent to me, it says pin:0000, but my phone doesn't ask for any pin. My phone is the xperia X10 mini pro running android.
The seller should provide you the number written down. When I bought my SIM I got the number written on a piece of paper like I posted back in post 72 in this thread. Did you get anything like that?

I think poster flychr got his number sent by separate post to the SIM. Maybe it will come in a day or two.

Edit: Failing that, if the call is dropping out, perhaps try a different carrier - maybe manually set the carrier in the phone menu. Have you got good reception? What network has the phone connected to? How many bars signal? Or try sending a text to another phone instead of a call.

Or try dialling 225 to get a text with your phone number and remaining credit.

Last edited by scirocco; 07-03-2012 at 10:23..

Old
  (#5)
scirocco (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 07-03-2012, 11:39

Search on Ebay France for "orange prepaid 15". The seller ibiza2004 has nearly 2700 feedback.

Quote:
I am still in the UK at the moment. So.....when I try and ring another phone to get my number, nothing happens, it dials then drops the call, no tone, nothing. I have a good signal, so it's not that.
On my Mobicarte (when used outside France) I can get the number as follows:

Dial #123#
Reply with 3 for "suivi conso"
This should bring up some text and among it all will be a number like 06 xx xx xx xx. This is the phone number excluding the 33 for France.

Old
  (#6)

Default No joy - 09-03-2012, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Search on Ebay France for "orange prepaid 15". The seller ibiza2004 has nearly 2700 feedback.

On my Mobicarte (when used outside France) I can get the number as follows:

Dial #123#
Reply with 3 for "suivi conso"
This should bring up some text and among it all will be a number like 06 xx xx xx xx. This is the phone number excluding the 33 for France.
Thanks for that. Didn't work though, just got some text back saying I had 3.32 euro and 33 sms left, but no number.

I contacted ibiza2004 via ebay, a couple of days ago to ask how I can get my number, I am still waiting for a reply, the standard reply of 'call another phone' doesn't really cut it.

Old
  (#7)

Default update - 09-03-2012, 13:19

Thought I would try a different tactic.....send an sms to another phone!

Ok, that worked and a number appeared...was it mine or just a random number thrown out by orange's sms servers? It did begin with +33 though....so, I called this +3368958xxxx number to see if my mobile rang...it didn't. The tone I got was the tone you hear when a phone number does not exist. I also sent an sms back to the french sim phone...it didn't receive it.

Looking through the phone settings its roaming, in service and on the orange network and I have a strong signal, however, it says its mobile network state is 'disconnected'.

The puzzle deepens.

Old
  (#8)
woody1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-03-2012, 12:51

It seems very odd if you could send an SMS from an unregistered phone. I'm wondering if you're having some problem with your APN setup on the phone that keeps you from getting the correct network connection.

Old
  (#9)
sbrian (Offline)

Default 19-03-2012, 16:17

Quote:
Thanks for that. Didn't work though, just got some text back saying I had 3.32 euro and 33 sms left, but no number.

I contacted ibiza2004 via ebay, a couple of days ago to ask how I can get my number, I am still waiting for a reply, the standard reply of 'call another phone' doesn't really cut it.
I am in same boat as randomelemental, except I do at least have my phone number. I turned off all cell data, inserted the SIM, and activated it with no problems. Once I got a signal (via T-Mobile) the French number appeared in my phone. (It's an iPhone 4S with the GSM Sim Unlocked for Foreign Carriers).

My problem is that I only have an available balance of 3.31 EUR, but I purchased the SIM + 25.00 EUR credit. I have managed to get my password and set up an account online with Orange : téléphones, forfaits, Internet, actualité, sport, video, and as near as I can tell, the only activity on the account was two charges on 07/03/2012 at 14:39...one is for an outgoing call for 0.220 EUR and one for "communication" for 1.472 EUR. That tells me that the original credit on the SIM was only 5.00 EUR. I'm assuming that this was part of the activation/registration process, but if the SIM had 25.00 EUR on it, then the remaining balance should be 23.31, non?

I've also contacted the ebay seller ibiza2004 and am waiting on a response, but that was two days ago. I just wonder if I'm overlooking something obvious. There was no scratch off card included with the sim. Also, while I have been able to access the #123# menu and can dial 224 (for which my French is way to insufficient), I am unable to dial 225 with any success.

Any suggestions, hints or solutions (beyond escalating to ebay complaints?)

I'm attaching a screenshot of my account activity (I hope...)
Click image for larger version

Name:	orangeaccount copy.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	84

Old
  (#10)
TraceyJ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 12-05-2012, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrian View Post
My problem is that I only have an available balance of 3.31 EUR, but I purchased the SIM + 25.00 EUR credit. I have managed to get my password and set up an account online with Orange : téléphones, forfaits, Internet, actualité, sport, video, and as near as I can tell, the only activity on the account was two charges on 07/03/2012 at 14:39...one is for an outgoing call for 0.220 EUR and one for "communication" for 1.472 EUR. That tells me that the original credit on the SIM was only 5.00 EUR. I'm assuming that this was part of the activation/registration process, but if the SIM had 25.00 EUR on it, then the remaining balance should be 23.31
Just wondering if you ever resolved this? My card arrived this week but there is only 5 EUR credit on it rather than 15.

Also, I have been able to create an account on the orange portail but I can't access some parts of the account as I need to provide the required ID? I purchased the sim via the ebay seller referred to in this thread so I was wondering what other people's experiences were on this?

Thanks for all the very useful info in here

Tags
france, internet data, mobicarte, orange france