PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#201)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Recharge - 22-06-2011, 14:26

Up to a year ago I could recharge my Wind number with my Canadian credit card but no more. I now use Saveonroaming. They have a service charge (5 euro I think) but I only use them once a year to keep both my Wind and my wife's Tim cards active.

Old
  (#202)
sdoe21 (Offline)

Default 23-07-2011, 07:40

If I want to deactivate the auto restart of my programm from free MB leaving from Italy, I have to do it the last day?
When I send the sms with stop, it just stops the auto restart or stops the programm and cancells my (allready paid) free mb?

Grazie amici!!

Old
  (#203)
sdoe21 (Offline)

Default 30-07-2011, 10:09

Any Help???

Old
  (#204)
sdoe21 (Offline)

Default 10-08-2011, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoe21 View Post
If I want to deactivate the auto restart of my programm from free MB leaving from Italy, I have to do it the last day?
When I send the sms with stop, it just stops the auto restart or stops the programm and cancells my (allready paid) free mb?

Grazie amici!!
Any help Effendi???
Thanks in advance!!

Old
  (#205)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-08-2011, 11:35

Which operator?
With Wind you can send it at any time and you will continue to use till the regular last day. I think with TIM it should be the same.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#206)
sdoe21 (Offline)

Default 11-08-2011, 12:10

With Wind!!

Thank you boss!

Old
  (#207)
BrowningC (Offline)

Default 14-08-2011, 22:12

Another vote here for saveonroaming as the intermediary for recharging Wind cards, as it seems this cannot now be done on the WIND site using foreign credit cards. Haven't tried setting up an Italian PayPal account as one user recommended, but as a way of keeping the WIND card alive without having to go to Italy to do it, saveonroaming is the way. There is a service charge of 3.90 but compared to the fuss of having to obtain and register a new Wind card, that is a minor inconvenience! When I used them they did initially charge the wrong number, but this was quickly put right following an e-mail.

Old
  (#208)
cs2797 (Offline)

Default exchange student staying for several months - 16-08-2011, 16:39

Hello! Just wanted to apologize if a similar question has been answered previously, but this thread is rather long.

Thanks Effendi for answering so many questions. I have another slightly more complicated one. I'm going to be an exchange student in Milan, and I am studying there from September till the end of December. However, I plan on traveling around Europe a lot (places like Spain, France, and the UK, among others). I need to get a pre-paid SIM that I can use on an unlocked iPhone 4 that will allow me to use 3G data in Italy and affordable data roaming when I travel. I usually don't talk on the phone a lot, but I do text. Some people have suggested that I use Wind. What would be the best plan for me?

Thanks in advance!

Old
  (#209)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-08-2011, 10:53

Wind is ok for Italy. Outside of Italy prepare to spend a lot with roaming rates.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#210)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-08-2011, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs2797 View Post
and affordable data roaming when I travel.
I really don't know if there's such a thing as "affordable data roaming". I might suggest that you check out Boingo Mobile's WiFi roaming. It might help take the bite out of your data roaming problem.

Tags
3 ita, tim, vodafone it, wind it