PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
daklaus (Offline)

Thumbs down Go-SIM is a scam - 04-09-2010, 08:26

My name is Gabriel, and I’m VERY DISSAPOINTED about GO-SIM services.

First off all, I made an order last year - Order GS1256568 (19/08/2009), for a Manager's Offer and air time, but I never received it. I need it before a travel to UK and I ask them to send it directly to my accommodation place from UK. By the time they replied me and requested a verification of my billing address I was already in UK and was unable to send them this verification. Normally I expected to be refunded but this never happened.

Giving this situation and hoping this time the issue will be solved, I made another purchase this year – order GS12112635 (28/07/2010). I thought this time they will send me the last year sim card and the one ordered this year, or at least giving me a solution for this situation. This time I send them all the requested documents for verification: copy after the CC, copy after my ID, copy after my bank account statement, copy after utility bill. Also I contacted the support team through live response system and……nothing. I came back from holiday and I still NOT received the sim’s. How is this possible Mr. David Agar (GO-SIM's CEO)?

From my point of view I was double-crossed twice and Go-SIM is a scam. DON’T BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!

Please excuse my English, because is not my mother tongue language.

Old
  (#12)
stuartmcintosh (Offline)

Default bit of a con - 26-08-2011, 17:33

Purchased a go sim over the phone so I could specifically ask questions as not compatible doing it online. A asked does the credit run out and was told No, yet, come to use it this year and was told the credit about $22 on each card (I had one for me and one for mu wife) had run out and said if I read the term and condition on the website, I would see it’s part of the terms and conditions. Now I never saw that as I ordered over the phone, but I did ask them if they expire and was told they don’t I explained this to customer services but they were uninterested, Now I could be still using their cards, and buying future top-ups, if they would just let me have another sim, if we had to compromise on the credit I would not be happy but something could perhaps have been rescued as it is I get the fealing the main profit in the business to sell card with large topup credits and hope people don’t read the small print only the headline advertising saying it never expires.

Old
  (#13)
pafuri (Offline)

Default Online order - bank refused to authorise payment - 24-10-2011, 11:13

My recent order for a GoSim card did not complete as the GoSim company did not have complete authorisation to accept payment from my bank.

After a phone call to GoSim they said that I should phone my bank to allow them to authorise the payment.

I did not do this as all previous on-line purchases with many other retailers have had no problems, therefore, I did not proceed.

I have since found that my email account (that I used with GoSim) has had several attempts to hack into it from several .es addresses - Estonia? Is where GoSim is based despite having UK contact details.

Old
  (#14)
pafuri (Offline)

Default GoSim - secure web page? - 24-10-2011, 20:18

Having tried to establish what went wrong when I tried to pay for the Sim card, I attempted to watch more closely what was happening on the payment page...

The page is not secure, i.e. no https:// before the www, also no padlock on the browser page.

My security software also identified that the page was not encrypted.

Despite my phone call to GoSim, they insisted that it was.

Old
  (#15)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-10-2011, 10:42

they have a iFrame on their website which contains the HTTPS secured payment site from telestial. So that is OK from their side. (See screenshot)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Tags
ekit, gosim