PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Vic415 (Offline)

Thumbs down Worldsim what a bad service !!! - 26-09-2011, 19:29

Good day !

Just a short story to explain to everybody how bad is the service with worldsim.

As a frequent traveller, i was very interested to try the service from worldsim, i ordered a mini sim card for my iphone from their web site, and i immediately call their office to check avialability and to be sure that i will be deliverd on time.

I was monday, (19/11/11) i talk with an efficient men, who told me that to be sure, he prefer to send me the sim card directly from his agent in dubai, then deliverd to my hotel, and he say,... your card will be here before you !

It's look like very professional and serious.

He also confirm it by email (ricky)

Arrival in dubai on the 22nd of October, i immediately check with the concierge, who told me that they did not received anything yet.

I send a mail to ricky and sans (at world sim) explaining that it is very urgent, noboby answear, on satruday i use the chat for almost 1 hour with one of their representative who explain that they send it to me by post, but he also give me 2 phones numbers in dubai of their agent.

I try to call them 10 time during the day, i was ready to buy an other card for the emergency and the trouble that i have with my ROAMING fees...

Nobody answear.

On monday (today) i chat again with ricky and john, ricky leave me on the chat wi no answear except that royal mail attempt to deliver my hotel, but it was impossible...
i told him that i stay in a 5 star hotel there are 2 000 employees and 20 person at the front desk it is open 24/24 and 7/7, impossible to miss yhe reception, and as everybody know luxury hotel do not refuse a lettre for a client, never.

anyway i told him that i am leaving to abu dhabi tomoroow and i really need the card, i ask him to check with his local agent, he say...

I have a good news we can deliverd you from our agent in dubai, you will receive the card in .... 5 days !! dubai -> dubai 5 days, when a courrier, or a taxi for 5 euros deliverd in less than 1 hour...

At the end, i have no sim card, i will pay a lot for roaming, but they never think that it will be interested to take care about cutomer, i am working for an important company with employee en more than 100 country, and all of us spend (unfortunatly) a lot of money in phone calls...

At the end, i pay for a service that i don't use, they refuse to reimburse me, and i will never receive my card,... poor service.

So, if you want the best forget Worldsim...!

Vincent

Old
  (#2)
Vic415 (Offline)

Default Worldsim was on time, problem is post in UAE - Sorry for my post ! - 27-09-2011, 12:06

Good day,

Just a few words, the problem was not coming from worldsim but really from UAE post office, in fact they have the package since 24/10/11, but they never try to deliverd, it was on hold... for a pickup.

i will get it this afternoon, so sorry, i was on edge yesterday, i just mail and chat to world sim and again sorry about that, i will report after my test with the product.

Thank you

Vincent

Old
  (#3)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-09-2011, 13:36

Why did you not get a local sim card. Etisalat is a very good sim card with near free international calling. Du is the other sim card , but I have not used them. Why go through the trouble with world sim when a local card would do. It is trouble like this that I have dropped world sim years ago, and stick with local sims.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#4)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-11-2011, 15:22

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for posting the resolution of your issue.

Please email us if you have any question or need any help.
Your feedback it's also very important for us, feel free to email us with your suggestions and comments.

Replying to powerlifter, we are cheaper than most local sim cards and also it's not very practical to have to buy and have different numbers whenever you travel for different countries.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
WorldSIM
Marketing Department
www.worldsim.com

Old
  (#5)
ecsqatar (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Don't buy Worldsim - 08-11-2011, 14:20

I have bought a worldsim card from Gitex Dubai Exhibition for around 100$, the guy selling the sim has told us alot stories about the features their sim have which was all fraud.
The guy assured us that at the moment there are two numbers available (Uk & USA) but later it will have alot countries .I know about the smartness of such sellers but a friend of mine asked me to check their service as well.
So i bought the sim ,today after so many days of purchase i saw the sim in my exhibition bag.I though of giving it a try and i put the sim in my galaxy tab and i got the sms of the number which looked very professional but later when i called the number i got charged for listening to voice mail ivr (although phone was on.) i reached their web site and asked them how to get my usa number ,as i took the sim only for usa number , the guy told me how to activate it , again very impressive sms got.
The climax came when i made a call to usa number and received the call for 10 secs , call was charged .26c (one dirham in local currecncy) which is much higher then if i bring indian sim to uae . i reached back to web site and support and asked them why it happened after all these claims , then he gave me a story of zones that if you are in zone # 007 then your call will be free or else we will charge you this much , i tried to convince him that you are doing cheating but he said we cannot do anything .
To cut a long story short i am asking anyone who is planning to get a sim from them be sure he do not get cheated by them and i will make sure that these guys do not show up in any international exhibition or atleast not in UAE.

Old
  (#6)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-11-2011, 14:49

Hi "ecsqatar",

All our rates are up to date on our website. We are not misleading anyone as we have all the tariffs very clear and where everyone can see it.

Our rates are revised very often during the year and we are always making our best efforts to offer our customers the best prices, we know that they are not the ideal for every country but we believe and work towards that.

Thank you.

Old
  (#7)
ecsqatar (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-11-2011, 16:26

Dear Worldsim,
thanks for the reply , unfortunately (for your company) that i did not buy the sim online , i bought it from your counter in Gitex, i have witness with me who will testify the guy confirmed that incoming will be free , also you can check on your web site it says dubai incoming free , if someone can guide me how to upload a pic i can post a screenshot of your web site . what you call it ?

Old
  (#8)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-11-2011, 16:40

Hi,

As you can check on our website Dubai has free incoming calls except on weekends. If you were charged on a week day please contact us and we will check it for your as that is not supposed to happen.

Thank you.

Old
  (#9)
ecsqatar (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-11-2011, 17:37

Dear Sir,
I think you did not read my posting, i told you that i complained to your support they say uk number is free and usa number is charged, usa number get charged 26c which is more then our local provider roaming charges.And this all happened today only , i wish to get for what i paid or i should get a refund or else i will keep on posting inn other forums as well.

Old
  (#10)
WorldSIM (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-11-2011, 17:59

Hi,

You can find that information about the paid incoming calls if using the US number here: International SIM card that helps you save on travel costs. EU, USA, Canada, Australia, India, South Africa, Russia can now save in roaming charges..

If you want to appeal for a refund please send us your formal request to marketing@worldsim.com and you will be contacted by our Customer Service Department.

Thank you.

Tags
worldsim poor service