PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#331)
likea (Offline)

Default 08-10-2013, 00:58

Thank you. I was able to switch profile, however, there is still no data. I can get on the TMobile network for calls and text. Here's my new APN:

APN : data.lycamobile.co.uk
Username : lmuk
Password : plus
MCC : 311
MNC : 96

MNC was automatically selected as 96. not 960, couldn't modify it.

Thanks.

Old
  (#332)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 08-10-2013, 04:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea View Post
Did you try to use Lycamobile US' APN?

APN: data.lycamobile.com
username: lmus
password: plus

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#333)
likea (Offline)

Default 08-10-2013, 17:58

Yes, I tried lycamobile US APN with ToggleMobile SIM. That didn't work either. I am really confused because I have a Lycamobile US SIM card and that works perfectly fine !!

Old
  (#334)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-10-2013, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea View Post
Username : lmuk
Password : plus
MCC : 311
MNC : 96

MNC was automatically selected as 96. not 960, couldn't modify it.
Are you sure that you are using the American IMSI? And if so could the MCC/MNC tuple be responsible for the failing data session? I'm not sure what this information in the APN configuration does exactly cause under Android but I assume that the corresponding APN will only be used if either your IMSI starts with the given tuple or if you are on the network with this very tuple. In the latter case it would not work as T-Mobile's MNCs differ. Can you add a new APN profile where MCC and MNC remain unset?
311-96 by the way is Lycamobile's American tuple, so I'm not sure why you think it should be 311-960 which seems to be unassigned. Could you be overseeing that the US have multiple MCCs (310-316) and that only 310-960 exists (Plateau Wireless) but not 311-960?

Gesendet von meinem ZP980 mit Tapatalk-4 now Free

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#335)
likea (Offline)

Default 09-10-2013, 03:12

Please ignore my comment on 311-960. That was based on a comment based by a previous poster. I am using 311-96.

I have given up, as I can't get it to work. Tech support repeats the same configuration information which is just wasting their time and mine. I can connect to Lycamobile US. So, there's no problem with the network or the device.

It is either a SIM card issue or configuration issue. I have exhausted all configurations changing APN, SIM profile etc. Thanks for all your help.

Old
  (#336)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-10-2013, 15:08

New SMS rates: down from 9p to 7p.

Beware: My US number just expired after the 30 days. I forgot to purchase the number and this time I didn't get the 3 days warning SMS I usually get for the other toggle countries.

I registered a new US number (activated within 5 seconds) and got a new area code, this time in Maryland 240-650-xxxx.

@ likea , please insist with support. If they fix the problem for you it will be better for all of us. Thanks.

Old
  (#337)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-10-2013, 19:12

Still no updates about Toggle NL. I'll let my sim to expire...

Old
  (#338)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 14-10-2013, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post
And another week... (just remembering because I´m in Belgium )
And another week... (just posting out of frustration, not really waiting and/or expecting anymore...)

Old
  (#339)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-10-2013, 12:10

It would be nice if Toggle allowed non-UK numbers to be ported and waived the £5/year charge for keep ported numbers active. Ported numbers would not use up any of Toggle's number ranges and it is already common for networks to offer financial incentives for porting a number in.

Old
  (#340)
likea (Offline)

Default 15-10-2013, 21:27

Finally, tech support resolved my issue. I am on Nexus 4 Android 4.3 and had been unable to access the internet in the US with a local US number. It took a week or so, but today I got a reply that it has been resoled. (something at their end, they didn't mention what).

Tags
netherlands, toggle