PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#131)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-06-2013, 20:02

Yes, I've tried selecting other networks, but no other networks show up to select from. ? It's like it doesn't see anything network wise?

Old
  (#132)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-06-2013, 20:06

Even if the SIM card has not been activated properly or it is being refused by all available networks the network search should show up at least one network. I would assume that you are either out of network coverage or that something is wrong with your phone. What phone do you actually use?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#133)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-06-2013, 20:21

So, I am using an iphone 3gs which is unlocked. I took out my searoam sim and put in my germany mobile sim, those both worked. MAYBE the toggle doesn't like the networks where I am right now, and it'll find something different when I head into town. I'll try that. I have an older unlocked int'l four band (whatever THAT used to mean, since we have like dozens now) gsm phone, if I can find it I'll pop the card in there and try it.

Old
  (#134)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-06-2013, 20:38

Are you sure you have performed a manual network search as described here? And it really doesn't list a single network in the fourth screen?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#135)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-06-2013, 21:58

Is there anywhere a list of carriers on which Toggle roam on (at least in the countries in which they provide local numbers)?

And... do you know if it is possible to port an existing number to Toggle?

Old
  (#136)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-06-2013, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Is there anywhere a list of carriers on which Toggle roam on (at least in the countries in which they provide local numbers)?
No, and since they use an IMSI from Vodafone Netherlands for roaming outside toggle countries they probably don't know themselves either. But I guess in the US toggle should roam on AT&T as I've found several sources on the web that say that Vodafone prepaid SIMs from other countries roam on AT&T and Vodafone actually operates a global roaming hub (afaik located in the Netherlands) I assume that roaming network availability is the same for all Vodafone subsidiaries.

Quote:
And... do you know if it is possible to port an existing number to Toggle?
Yes, you can import an exisitng number but only a British one.

Old
  (#137)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-06-2013, 23:36

So, I GOT A TEXT with the number now. It connected to I THINK tmobile for a SECOND. It is odd, because where I am I have very good ATT coverage (that's my domestic carrier) but the toggle sim just won't connect to the ATT that is here, and I KNOW that the tmobile coverage is poor and comes and goes with the wind.

that said, I've been able to add value to the card, and will test in town tomorrow and confirm balance et al. (I have now turned off data so I don't pay while in the USA at the moment, although they may not have data but in the text I got it said boom your data will cost 4.70l per mb...ouch

Does anyone know if I can sign up for UK data plans, so using the *141*7500# to sign up for a UK plan, but sign up while I'm in the USA? or does one have to do that only in the UK?

Old
  (#138)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-06-2013, 23:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
So, I GOT A TEXT with the number now. It connected to I THINK tmobile for a SECOND. It is odd, because where I am I have very good ATT coverage (that's my domestic carrier) but the toggle sim just won't connect to the ATT that is here, and I KNOW that the tmobile coverage is poor and comes and goes with the wind.
Either roaming on AT&T is blocked for toggle SIM cards or they do roaming steering to force your phone to TMo despite the worse signal strength. If the latter is the case you should be able to force your phone onto AT&T by performing a manual network search and selecting AT&T. If this fails repeat the search and selection process four times. If is still fails after the fourth attempt, you definitely can't roam on AT&T.

Quote:
that said, I've been able to add value to the card, and will test in town tomorrow and confirm balance et al. (I have now turned off data so I don't pay while in the USA at the moment, although they may not have data but in the text I got it said boom your data will cost 4.70l per mb...ouch
As long as you haven't changed your iPhone's default settings it won't establish an Internet connection while it's on a roaming network anyway.

Quote:
Does anyone know if I can sign up for UK data plans, so using the *141*7500# to sign up for a UK plan, but sign up while I'm in the USA? or does one have to do that only in the UK?
If USSD (those codes containing * and #) works out of the US, you will be able to activate a data bundle. You can find out if USSD works by dialing *131# which should display your current balance. If it fails USSD probably doesn't work on the selected roaming network. In that case you could try registering on another network and try it again.

Old
  (#139)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-06-2013, 01:43

thanks IQ, I'll give it a try

Old
  (#140)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-06-2013, 01:51

Is there a way to remove expired local IMSIs from the Toggle STK menu?

I find it quite difficult to remember which local countries are still active without having to check the online account before each hop to a Toggle country.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Tags
netherlands, toggle