PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dudik (Offline)

Default re-activation of a weekly package - TIM - 24-08-2012, 23:52

Hi,

Say I Maxed out all the data in the TIMSMARTMAXI plan (500 a week) in 3 days,

Can I re-activate the plan after 3 days? or do i have to wait until 7 days have passed?

If it's is possible, what do i do? just send the sms again? should i send an off sms before?

Thank you,

David

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-08-2012, 09:06

You have to wait the 7th day, or buy a spare sim-card...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
webdweeb (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 31-08-2012, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
You have to wait the 7th day, or buy a spare sim-card...
Effendi, doesn't TIM just throttle the data rate? I didn't think they restricted access to the data service after a user passed their data allowance. Granted, the reduced speed is pretty slow (64kb), but still better than zero.

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-09-2012, 17:38

If you pass your data allowance you go slow (64Kbps, with Wind it's 32...) but you can still use the data service, of course. With Wind, paying again, you can get back to the normal speed. With TIM no, as far as I know.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
webdweeb (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-09-2012, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
If you pass your data allowance you go slow (64Kbps, with Wind it's 32...) but you can still use the data service, of course. With Wind, paying again, you can get back to the normal speed. With TIM no, as far as I know.
Hmmm,that's not good-so if I pass the 250MB or 500MB weekly limit, I am stuck at 64k "dialup" speed until I switch to another plan? I wonder if you cancel it and reactive it if you can reset the speed along with the data credits? I've got to stop in the local TIM store when we arrive in Venice anyway (to pick up a Mifi device), so I will ask that question and see what they tell me.

Old
  (#6)
r0b (Offline)

Default 12-09-2012, 15:51

From this link:
Riparti con la tua offerta Internet | TIM

it seems like you can now pay again for the TIM service to be reset.

What I would like to know is if you sign up to the service to TIMSMARTMAXI plan could you use it for lets say 3 months and then stop it with a view to restart it 5 months later?

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-09-2012, 08:24

Yes, it seems TIM has now that same option as Wind. Good!
You can deactivate the TIMSMARTMAXI and then reactivate it later, no problem. If there are some promotions on it you will loose it, of course.