PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-06-2006, 06:16

I was looking at a service called Voxalot. It is from the same folks who gave you sipbroker.

Voxalot is a personal voip consolidator. You can register various sip based accounts with them, and then connect with your own analog telephone adapter, etc. What is more interesting is that you can get say a free sipgate uk geographic number and connect it directly to a voip carrier that has a cheap route to your prepaid sim in another country. If that route collapses, you can go to plan b while still keeping the same number.

They also have a web based callback system which also has a mobile friendly version of the page.

Stu

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 08-06-2006, 14:52

Is it the same like voipbuster, sipdiscount;

Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-06-2006, 16:18

No. It is more like a hosted mini-pbx system. You register other voip accounts inside it and you can direct them to ring in various places, go to voicemail, etc. This will allow you to mix and match ingoing and outgoing lines.

It is now possible to get incoming phone numbers from many countries on the internet. It is also possible to get outgoing lines. Let's say that the company that gives you a good German phone number has lousy rates to United Mobile phones. You can program this system to host two voip providers. It will answer the German number and then forward the call via voip to an outgoing provider in the US which has good rates to Liechtenstein. Voxalot works with various providers to give you more power.

Old
  (#4)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 09-07-2006, 07:02

Since I posted this message, I learned about easypabx.com which is a full blown free hosted Asterisk account including your own callback service. What's more, you can also create an interesting call through service using the free dialin numbers from Sipbroker.com all around the world.

Combine this with voipcheap.com and you can have some real interesting results. For example, imagine you were a PPGSM miser visiting Singapore. VOIPcheap.com has free calls into a Singapore mobile and free calls to the US. The US for the price of a local call! As I recall, local calls on Singtel prepaids were pretty cheap.

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-07-2006, 14:18

I've been hoping that Finarea companies would think about developing a wap/grps method to use their callback service, but it soulds like you are suggesting that it would be possible using this.

Would Easypabx work with Voipcheap for both legs of the call? There is discussion on Voxalot forums that using the Finarea companies and some others eg Astratel doesn't work for both, or maybe it connects but no audio

I think I read that i-p-tel, now pbxes, had a callback service available but they changed access to it, now available only on premium account, as it was being over-used by perhaps callshops. I suspect the same reason behind the fair use policy with Finarea co's now. So I hope that doesn't happen to others.

Old
  (#6)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-07-2006, 07:22

Andy,

What about simply using two Finera accounts?

Old
  (#7)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-07-2006, 11:34

I haven't studied all the threads there again just recently, but I'm not sure that is possible either as maybe the Finarea accounts all use the same server addresses anyway.