PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 21-05-2012, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
The call forwarding feature is to forward your +372 number to other numbers. It is free to forward to most countries and there are no additional charges to the rates listed online.

Yes, you can send us two United Mobile SIM cards and receive two OneSimCard SIM cards with $10 balances in return. Just make sure to register both UM SIMs at United Mobile SIM card | Free SIM Replacement Program and send them to us using a trackable shipping method.

US, Canadian and other Personal Extra Numbers (PEN) are for voice only. All SMS must be sent to the +372 number, or they can be sent using our free SMS portal Send Free SMS Text Messages Using OneSimCard International Mobile Service or your free email-to-SMS address 372xxxxxxxx@sms.onesimcard.com.
Thanks for the clarification. Just to be certain I understood, no extra charge means the destination rate still applies, there just no surcharge, correct?

Can the PEN be able forwarded? If so, in this case the 0.20$/min surcharge still applies as well, correct?

If you have a PEN, do the outbound calls I place display the CLID of the PEN or the +372 one?

Regards,

Old
  (#22)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default Update - 21-05-2012, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
OneSimCard has a new 'plus' card. The only difference I can see is that it has lower rates for calls while being in the US or Canada.

The plus card is free to receive calls in the US/Canada instead of $2.50 a minute. Making calls is $0.45 instead of $2.89. It costs more to get, but for some folk it could be worth it. It does not seem to do data either.

onesimcard.com/
A quick update/correction -- the Plus SIM now offers free incoming & 45c/min outgoing rate in Mexico as well as US & Canada, and data in the US & Canada for $1/MB. Rates in every other country are the same with either SIM version: www.onesimcard.com/rates

Old
  (#23)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 21-05-2012, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBarouf View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Just to be certain I understood, no extra charge means the destination rate still applies, there just no surcharge, correct?

Can the PEN be able forwarded? If so, in this case the 0.20$/min surcharge still applies as well, correct?

If you have a PEN, do the outbound calls I place display the CLID of the PEN or the +372 one?

Regards,
If call forwarding to your country is free then there are no charges whatsoever. For example: you set your +372 number to forward to a number in Finland, when someone dials your +372 number you will be charged nothing for that forwarded call.

If someone calls your PEN while you have your +372 number set to forward to Finland, then you will be charged 20c/min for that forwarded call.

Caller ID: you can set it to display any PEN, your +372 number or an anonymous non-working number.

Old
  (#24)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 22-05-2012, 01:26

Quote:
If call forwarding to your country is free then there are no charges whatsoever. For example: you set your +372 number to forward to a number in Finland, when someone dials your +372 number you will be charged nothing for that forwarded call.

If someone calls your PEN while you have your +372 number set to forward to Finland, then you will be charged 20c/min for that forwarded call.

Caller ID: you can set it to display any PEN, your +372 number or an anonymous non-working number.
Kiitos! That's excellent.... looking forward to get my receive my SIMs.
Cheers!

Old
  (#25)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 27-05-2012, 03:04

Can you forward SMSes?

Old
  (#26)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-05-2012, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Can you forward SMSes?
No 3GSM-operator has implemented SMS forwaring, so far. You'll have to arrange that yourself, by using a smartphone with an appropriate program.

Old
  (#27)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 29-05-2012, 21:39

Quote:
Can you forward SMSes?
Stu, borjeg is correct that SMS cannot be forwarded. SMS can be received on your primary mobile number, via our free online SMS page or via your email-to-SMS address (yourphonenumber@sms.onesimcard.com).

Old
  (#28)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-05-2012, 13:33

Thanks for the update and I have no doubt that this is how it works. Just a technical point, my China Mobile HK 3g SIM could do SMS forwarding. It is probably the exception and China may be better than most at SMS interception. (Bad joke, I know).

Old
  (#29)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-11-2012, 02:08

Quote:
Stu, borjeg is correct that SMS cannot be forwarded. SMS can be received on your primary mobile number, via our free online SMS page or via your email-to-SMS address (yourphonenumber@sms.onesimcard.com).
Will replies to the e-mail-to-sms be sent back to the originating e-mail sender, at the regular send rate? Of course, you cannot reply to the ones sent from the website I guess.

Old
  (#30)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-11-2012, 02:12

Quote:
Thanks for the update and I have no doubt that this is how it works. Just a technical point, my China Mobile HK 3g SIM could do SMS forwarding. It is probably the exception and China may be better than most at SMS interception. (Bad joke, I know).
LOL. Love it. There are many other carriers that also allow SMS forwarding. Probably not something allowed to MVNOs, as most get access to CDRs, not a full SS7 access to signalling and importantly, HLR. In general it is indeed fairly rare, but a few did deploy that feature. Standard GSM call barring would be a nice feature as well OneSimCard! for your suggestion box.