PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#121)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-09-2012, 21:45

Incoming SMS are never charged by German providers, even not during roaming. So you should have been charged anything for the "welcome" text and the one informing you about roaming rates.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#122)
permesso (Offline)

Default 27-09-2012, 12:31

Then I can't explain the reduction in my credit. Are you sure this is true in the US where we pay for incoming texts as well? The SIM was roaming on AT&T which does charge for incoming texts to their customers. I was on wifi and data roaming was turned off so I don't think it is a data cost. No real harm done for me - just trying to clarify for future users.

Old
  (#123)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-09-2012, 14:53

Yes, I'm absolutely sure that incoming SMS are never charged by German operators, even not in the US, where I've personal experience. Also Lidl's tariff guide (p. 2 at last third of page) incoming SMS ("Empfang SMS") are free ("kostenlos") in all roaming zones.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#124)
inquirer (Offline)

Default 28-09-2012, 18:21

I accidently bought the "smart" tariff. How bad is this deal (granted I wont call very much). Will I be billed more than the 10 euro if I for some reason use it up and if I don't use it all up will it accumulate for the next month or will it just disappear? And what's up with the domestic, am I not able to use the 10 euros for international calls?

A finas question; is it possible to get my money refunded? I asked the lidl cashier for a prepaid sim card and I got this monthly fee card instead. I've opened the package but have not activated the card.

Old
  (#125)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 29-09-2012, 02:35

As this plan has only be launched only last month I don't have any particular experience. But afaik you need to provide a German bank account upon activation which will hinder you from activating your SIM card. You could also try to call customer care at 0176/88880000 and ask them if they can switch you back to the "Classic tariff".

Old
  (#126)
odnaz (Offline)

Default 07-10-2012, 18:12

Hello everyone!! I have a couple of question about the lidle internet stick:
1) I would like to buy the 1 day flatrate, now the question is: it's throttled after 500 MB/day, but is it also throttled after 5 GB/Month like Fonic or not??
2) I have a Congstar internet stick now, can I just buy the lidl card and reuse the stick??

Old
  (#127)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-10-2012, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
"Nur erreichbar" means "only reachable" which usually only shows up if your SIM card has been blocked for all outgoing connections due to the verification letter having returned. I guess your hotel didn't accept the letter or returned it for whatever reason. Perhaps they thought it was junk mail because guests usually won't receive mail from a phone company.
Anyway, you will need to contact customer care and tell them that you are a foreigner and that you used your hotel's address for registration. If you also provide your address in the UK, they will reactivate your SIM...
I have had an email exchange with customer service following the message I sent them from 'Mein Fonic'. They confirm that the hotel address I gave is the problem - though I don't know what the hotel did, or failed to do.

Anyway they will not reactivate the SIM unless I supply a German address. They will not accept a UK address. (They are emailing in English and are very polite and apologetic.)

Maybe when I visit Germany again, if the SIM is still in the same state I can try again with another hotel, and warn them in advance to expect the letter and keep it for me.

Old
  (#128)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-10-2012, 13:50

From my experience they do not send out another confirmation letter after you amend your address details. Actually they have reactivated SIM cards without even providing a new address, but just by confirming that the original address was valid despite the confirmation letter was returned.

Old
  (#129)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-10-2012, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by odnaz View Post
Hello everyone!! I have a couple of question about the lidle internet stick:
1) I would like to buy the 1 day flatrate, now the question is: it's throttled after 500 MB/day, but is it also throttled after 5 GB/Month like Fonic or not??
Yes, if you exceed 500MB per day your connection will the throttled until midnight. Regardless from this limitation you'll also be throttled once you exceed 5GB within a 30-day billing period.

Quote:
2) I have a Congstar internet stick now, can I just buy the lidl card and reuse the stick??
Yes, but you'll probably need to unlock it. If your stick was manufactured by Huawei (see backside), unlocking is super easy: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/mobi...odems-web.html

Old
  (#130)
papeti01 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default how can i activate - 15-10-2012, 12:20

Hello,

can U help me please... i am totally lost in the german language...

I bought a lidl classic tariff, and i did the "freischaltung" on lidl-mobile.de, but after that the number is still not active. I can't call, and can't receive calls...
(Now it's active, but i forgot the activation code... can i add it later???)

Is that 9,95 euro price just the number, or it contains any balance, because my balance is 0 euro?!

thx,
p.

Last edited by papeti01; 15-10-2012 at 12:58..