PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
m3m3m3 (Offline)

Default Roam4Zero? - 29-03-2011, 02:12

Does anyone have experience with this SIM?

Last time I went to Europe we used Ekit and it worked fine. This Roam4Zero seems to be cheaper and was wondering if anyone here had experience with it? Thanks in advance

Old
  (#2)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-03-2011, 08:23

First post, seem like an add for this unknow company ?

Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-03-2011, 13:58

What country is the incoming number? IOM, Estonia, Belgium? The rates don't set my world on fire. People like Ekit because it is dual IMSI, has a nice feature set, tech support which answers, the phone, and will loan you a US number as needed for free (but at a $0.19 a minute call connect surcharge). Lastly, it doesn't have particularly difficult minimum usage requirements.

Roam4Less has a high rates for the US and Canada. My polling of other fairs made them see about average. Everyone has free incoming texts, there number of free incoming countries is a little low, but not horrid.

I like roaming SIMs for short trips into countries, as a hold over until I can get a local SIM, and/or for countries that put hurdles in the way of buying a local SIM. If you do a single country international trip on an annual basis, you are probably better with a local SIM.

Old
  (#4)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 02-04-2011, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Hmmm? Those usually start off, "Hey guys! I just found this really great...."

Old
  (#5)
m3m3m3 (Offline)

Default 03-04-2011, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
No I am not advertising for this company. Im looking for information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
What country is the incoming number? IOM, Estonia, Belgium? The rates don't set my world on fire. People like Ekit because it is dual IMSI, has a nice feature set, tech support which answers, the phone, and will loan you a US number as needed for free (but at a $0.19 a minute call connect surcharge). Lastly, it doesn't have particularly difficult minimum usage requirements.

Roam4Less has a high rates for the US and Canada. My polling of other fairs made them see about average. Everyone has free incoming texts, there number of free incoming countries is a little low, but not horrid.

I like roaming SIMs for short trips into countries, as a hold over until I can get a local SIM, and/or for countries that put hurdles in the way of buying a local SIM. If you do a single country international trip on an annual basis, you are probably better with a local SIM.
I will be traveling to France, Italy, and Germany. And was looking at their rates to call back to the US. At $0.35 per min to call home, I thought that was relatively cheap, as ekit charges connection setup fee every time you call out (at least the one I had last time did)

But you brought up a good point of what country their incoming number is. I actually don't know.

My question was mainly reliability. If anyone had experience with call quality, etc

Old
  (#6)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-04-2011, 20:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3m3 View Post
No I am not advertising for this company. Im looking for information...

I will be traveling to France, Italy, and Germany. And was looking at their rates to call back to the US. At $0.35 per min to call home, I thought that was relatively cheap, as ekit charges connection setup fee every time you call out (at least the one I had last time did)

But you brought up a good point of what country their incoming number is. I actually don't know.

My question was mainly reliability. If anyone had experience with call quality, etc
you might want to look at the travel sim card based in the UK. They also have a US number assigned where you can receive calls on for 23 us-cent. Outgoing calls to the US from your destinations is also 35 us-ct/min. As far as i read so far these cards are very reliable.

USA Sim Card - FREE USA Roaming - USA +1 & UK 07 Mobile Numbers

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#7)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-04-2011, 01:09

Your right on the setup fee. Another thing worth pointing out is that someone posted a link a while ago about where you could buy the SIM for US$9 off Ebay.

For EU use only, the new Maxroam is pretty good as well. Their rates to h--- for non-EU use.

Old
  (#8)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-04-2011, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Your right on the setup fee. Another thing worth pointing out is that someone posted a link a while ago about where you could buy the SIM for US$9 off Ebay.

For EU use only, the new Maxroam is pretty good as well. Their rates to h--- for non-EU use.
except their stupid policy to charge from the second you pick up the callback - no matter if the other party will pick up or not. In my opinion that makes the card also useless for EU usage

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#9)
sng (Offline)

Default German SIM-karte recommendation(s) - 03-09-2011, 09:25

We are traveling to Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. Which SIM-cards for our GSM compatible phones would work in these three countries for our primary purpose of calling between our two cell phones, and secondary purpose of calling local numbers. Calling USA is unlikely. Should we get SIM-karte when we arrive in Germany (1st country on our itinenary) or get one in USA (for example roam4zero)? I think the latter is UK based and has free incoming calls but we do not know which German (or Czech and Austrian) network is being used to connect. We think that all calls are US $0.50 per minute which is lower than $1.29 to 1.99 rate from Verizon. Our German friend recommend T-mobile and Vodaphone over Telefonica (which may not work in Austria any way). When you recommend SIM-karte, please be specific in name and cost. Thank you very much.

Old
  (#10)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-09-2011, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sng View Post
We are traveling to Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. Which SIM-cards for our GSM compatible phones would work in these three countries for our primary purpose of calling between our two cell phones, and secondary purpose of calling local numbers. Calling USA is unlikely. Should we get SIM-karte when we arrive in Germany (1st country on our itinenary) or get one in USA (for example roam4zero)? I think the latter is UK based and has free incoming calls but we do not know which German (or Czech and Austrian) network is being used to connect. We think that all calls are US $0.50 per minute which is lower than $1.29 to 1.99 rate from Verizon. Our German friend recommend T-mobile and Vodaphone over Telefonica (which may not work in Austria any way). When you recommend SIM-karte, please be specific in name and cost. Thank you very much.
Most of the global SIMs roam on most main networks in many countries, and so too would most single country SIMs, which aren't restricted to needing a network of the same name in the visited country.

It depends a bit on how much use you expect, but if it's more than only a few minutes I'd say that given your preference order, calls between you, then local calls, not much international, I'd say get a pair of local SIMs in each place

In Germany you'd get 3 cents a minute calls to the same network on some brands, including Solomo (order online) or Aldi (supermarket chain), 6 cents local landlines with Solomo, and 9 cents for local landlines and mobiles on several brands

Czech Republic and Austria, I'm not so sure about, but see the National Operators link at the top of the page

I'd be quite tempted by yesss in Austria, but most bramds have calls for single figure cents a minute