PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Wind Italy Internet No Stop - 22-03-2010, 15:29

I just noticed this on Wind's website. It seems to say 1 gb data for 9 euro a month. Good deal if it's true.

Old
  (#2)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-03-2010, 15:36

Yes is true is 1Gb for 9 euro a month

Wind - Privati - Internet No Stop

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 23-03-2010, 10:08

It's also written here:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/euro...ata-italy.html

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 07:18

Hey,

After sending the sms to activate Internet No Stop, what reply would you receive so you know it's ready?

Also, If I purchase the pre-paid card for 10 euro (with 5 euro credit) - can I purchase credit at the same time so I have at least 9euro to activate Internet No Stop.

I read somewhere that the cards and credit are sold at different places... but I just wanted to check.

Last edited by luliolox; 24-03-2010 at 07:52..

Old
  (#5)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-03-2010, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by luliolox View Post
Hey,

After sending the sms to activate Internet No Stop, what reply would you receive so you know it's ready?

Also, If I purchase the pre-paid card for 10 euro (with 5 euro credit) - can I purchase credit at the same time so I have at least 9euro to activate Internet No Stop.

I read somewhere that the cards and credit are sold at different places... but I just wanted to check.
You'll recieve an sms back confirming activation. You should be able to add credit wherever you buy the card. The only problem is that most stores require the phone number to add credit so you can't add until the number has been activated.

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-03-2010, 14:10

You know the phone number at once, it's written on the envelope containing the sim-card.
Of course you can refill the card at any Wind store, Tabacchi, Lotto, and so on...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#7)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 15:21

Thanks BLC and Effendi.

So activating is just popping the sim in (and entering the password)?

Also, I just found this bit of info on the web, needing to activate GPRS before you can activate the data plan. I had no idea about it.. anyway should I be doing this first? Just want to confirm.

Quote:
* Send a SMS to short code 4033 that contains the following text: gprs si

* (Note: In case the phone does not set the SMS Service Center Number correctly by copying it from the SIM card, use the following SMSC number: +393205858500)

* Wait until GPRS is activated for the sim card. This could take a couple of hours. You will see once GPRS is activated as the mobile does a GPRS attach when powered on.

* After GPRS is activated, send the following text in a free SMS to short code 4033:

Old
  (#8)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-03-2010, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by luliolox View Post
Thanks BLC and Effendi.

So activating is just popping the sim in (and entering the password)?

Also, I just found this bit of info on the web, needing to activate GPRS before you can activate the data plan. I had no idea about it.. anyway should I be doing this first? Just want to confirm.
To use data you'll have to configure your phone. The Wind website has instructions specific to individual phones.

Old
  (#9)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 15:49

Hey BLC, thanks again.

I found the page on the website, but when I opened Translate from Google, the "Configure Your Phone" link is deactivated.

The original page is fine, though I can't read Italian! Wind - Privati - Configurazione Telefonini
The two fields i filled as follows: Marca: Iphone Modello: 3g

But then there's no submit button. And enter on the keyboard doesn't work. Perhaps it's firefox and I should try IE.

Actually, I got it working. I didn't get the drop downs before. Now to see if I can translate this!

Last edited by luliolox; 24-03-2010 at 16:25..

Old
  (#10)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 17:10

Okay, so now i am having a bit of trouble translating the page.

I am wondering if anyone might be able to help me understand what configurations I will need to use for the Apple Iphone 3g to work with Wind.

1. I understand I need to set the APN to internet.wind (no username / password).

2. I am unsure if I need to follow these instructions for email? I want to access my Yahoo mail. Will I have to do anything special for that?

3. I do not believe I need MMS or Modem.

4. On the MMS page there is this notice "Nota: le impostazioni riportate sono valide solo per i terminali con aggiornamento
firmware 3.0" I am unsure if that means it's good or bad to have firmwire 3.0.
Would there be any issues using the latest Software Update 3.1 on my Iphone 3g?

5. I could not find much more information about configuring the Iphone3g. There wasn't anything about sending the text 'gprs si' / or activating GPRS as mentioned in above post. So does that mean I don't need to worry about it?

I know, I have so many questions. If anyone could clear any up, that would be so so so helpful!

Or, I'd appreciate a point towards any information in English that explains everything I need to do to set up the Iphone 3g properly.

Thanks