PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#91)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-08-2007, 19:32

Haven't gotten mine yet but not in a rush. PDF file of the online order form for me shows the zip code but in front of the state. Don't know if it made it on to the actual mailing label. Will let you know when I get it.
On the thought of the +423 card remaining as an offer, that's an interesting thought. Might keep a minimum balance on my old UM card as a backup or if I am in a country where the rates are cheaper with the old card.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#92)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-08-2007, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Has anyone in the US that ordered the sim received it?
I got my card delivered yesterday in Toronto. It was mailed out on 7/27.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#93)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Smile 01-08-2007, 21:19

Same here...the PDF file of the online order does not have the zip code. it also has my house number after the street name. Of course, I am assuming it goes on to the mailing label exactly as showing in the PDF. Not in much of a rush, but if I get it I will test it out in Aruba, Cuaracao, and St. martin in a couple of weeks when I head out on a Southern Caribbean cruise. If not, I'll just use my +423 as originally planned. First, I will burn up the $13 credit on my yackie sim (even if it means using it on the cruise ship's very high rates) though. Before they go completely out of business. Since, it looks does not look like they are going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
Haven't gotten mine yet but not in a rush. PDF file of the online order form for me shows the zip code but in front of the state. Don't know if it made it on to the actual mailing label. Will let you know when I get it.
On the thought of the +423 card remaining as an offer, that's an interesting thought. Might keep a minimum balance on my old UM card as a backup or if I am in a country where the rates are cheaper with the old card.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#94)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-08-2007, 23:49

Got mine today (Los Angeles). There was a zip code but no state on the address in European format, e.g. 900xx Los Angeles

Date was July 27.

I have about Euro 11 on the +423 SIM. She Who Must Be Obeyed is going with a girlfriend to Europe in October and if I can scare up an unlocked phone I might let here take that and burn it up -- if they continue service that long

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...

Old
  (#95)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-08-2007, 23:56

I have already Upgraded my UM +423 to UM+ SIM before the July 31st deadline, but i have noticed that they are still allowing free upgrades on their website even now their deadline has passed

Old
  (#96)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-08-2007, 03:37

Got my card today (August 1st). Was sent regular airmail on July 28th, and got here quickly. All the address information was there, even though the zip code and street number were out of order for a US address label.

Activated it with the PUK code online, transferred over my entire old balance, and sent a test text message on AT&T/Cingular USA to the UK. Got a successful SMS reply from the UK and a balance notification message with a 364 day expiration date. This will give me a larger number of calling minutes for an upcoming trip to the UK than I would have had with my old United Mobile card. Plus the new card doesn't have SMS problems in the US like the old one did.

Looking forward to the data service in the fourth quarter. Will be one of the very few international prepaid cards that offer data. Would like to try this when offered because data on a cellphone can be used in many more places than wi-fi can be used.

"She who must be obeyed" sounds like the barrister's knickname for his wife in the Rumpole of the Bailey series that used to be on British television.

Free is a good price for this upgrade. Would probably not have considered upgrading without this offer because the cost of the card and shipping would have negated the call savings per minute for me.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#97)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 02-08-2007, 04:00

Since it looks like my 2nd Riiing SIM is RIP, I'll probably transfer part of my balance and keep both the remaining Riiing SIM and the UM+ SIM active. There are places where I think the Riiing will still work better.

Old
  (#98)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-08-2007, 12:11

Got mine today. Tried to call it via betamax. I was charged twice but the phone did not rang at all. The same with another voip company. I was unable to complete the call via other voip routes....

Old
  (#99)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-08-2007, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Got mine today. Tried to call it via betamax. I was charged twice but the phone did not rang at all. The same with another voip company. I was unable to complete the call via other voip routes....
You may want to try again. Their system was down for a good portion of the night.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#100)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-08-2007, 13:15

Ok thanks. I did try and it worked this time. But, I do not have caller id no matter which route I have tried.
Not even with OTE (Greek main telco)

Still two Uk voip companies do not connect though. Betamax is fine.