PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
jeffharris (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default United World Telecom - 23-09-2011, 00:12

I've been using this SIM for several months now. I don't think its been mentioned on this forum.

It's an Estonian number, and you can order a US or UK number to attach to it, and it costs 20c a minute incoming extra.

It's reliable, it has auto top up with credit card, so, you never have to top up manually, the rates are as good as they seem to get with the newest batch of roaming SIMs available now, and I've been pleased with it. Since I've been using roaming SIMs for as long as I can remember, I know when one is decent or not.

They are a company out of Florida, and their customer service is quite good. I'm sure it's a rebrand of some other service, but, it works, plain and simple.

I still carry a GeoSIM as well, and, it seems to cover a few of the countries free the UWT SIM doesn't.

The site is uwtmobile.com

Old
  (#2)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-11-2013, 21:44

I got a sim card as a gift from UWT with Estonian +372-5 and English Number +44-77003, and I noticed no difference from other TravelSim card, the incoming call to the England number costs $ 0.25 per call anywhere where I have free incoming roaming calls in the world! I am satisfied with the quality

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Last edited by Eustar; 04-11-2013 at 21:52..

Old
  (#3)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-11-2013, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustar View Post
I got a sim card as a gift from UWT with Estonian +372-5 and English Number +44-77003, and I noticed no difference from other TravelSim card, the incoming call to the England number costs $ 0.25 per call anywhere where I have free incoming roaming calls in the world! I am satisfied with the quality
how did you managed to get free sim from them?

with Airbalticcard you get a UK number for free.. plus eur.0,15/incoming call! so is chepaer than $0.25/incoming call of UWT

Airbalticcard also within EU countries charge outgoing calls per second (30+1) ...UWT and XXSIM not!

Old
  (#4)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-01-2014, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
how did you managed to get free sim from them?

with Airbalticcard you get a UK number for free.. plus eur.0,15/incoming call! so is chepaer than $0.25/incoming call of UWT

Airbalticcard also within EU countries charge outgoing calls per second (30+1) ...UWT and XXSIM not!
AirBaltic sim 0.15€ per call?! You are not informed, 0.15 € per minute

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Last edited by Eustar; 04-01-2014 at 20:13..

Old
  (#5)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-01-2014, 11:20

EUSTAR you are NOT informed as always..these +447 UK & permanent+1 US numbers are assigned directly from TRAVELSIM to their sim providers (airbalticcard, onesimcard etc). see here:http://www.travelsim.com/toll-free-numbers/

ask airbalticcard again they gave you wrong information.

airbalticcard:
calls to their +447 number 0,15eur.per call
calls to their permanrnt +1 number 0,15eur.per minute
i have both +447 and +1 numbers attached to my airbalticcard for years and just rechecked now..for a 3:12 (192seconds) inbound call received through the +447 number i was charged 0.15eur. only.
+447 is free to be assigned, +1 costs 0,50eur.per month.

even with onesimcard (travelsim backbone too) http://www.onesimcard.com/cell-phone-rates/#info Additional cost to receive call trough UK mobile number is charged per call, not per minute. : $0.25/per call connection fee

even with United World Telecom simcard (travelsim backbone too) calls to the UK number is charged per call , not per minute. https://www.uwtmobile.com/products/g...im-cards/Basic . but 0,25$per call, so airbalticcard (0,15eur.per call) is cheaper in all cases.

Airbalticcard also within EU countries charge outgoing calls per second (30+1) ...UWT, Onesimcard and XXSIM not, they charge per minute (60+60)!

Last edited by fsotirop; 05-01-2014 at 12:02..